Ashley Furniture? Good company?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by BigD09, Jul 28, 2013.

1. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Yeah we really need to address that and see if they can't spread the love around a little lol you guys could run up out of Tampa to here and have plenty of time to run up to Leesport and run a few trips and get back lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

ASHLEYDRIVER2013 Light Load Member

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----

LOL, seems I always run out of hrs when I get there---LOL

They haven't given me enough string to run that far---and get back! LOL

But I do really appreciate, what you do for us southern boys--LOL

Bend watching the numbers they really cannot get enough drivers to stay there!

Heres a link you may find interesting to read---http://www.wsj.com/article_email/ashley-furniture-wont-be-sold-1436800748-

4. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    I applied for an LTL position on Wednesday out of El Paso, faxed in the additional info requested by email Thursday morning and got a call Thursday afternoon to set up a phone interview for noon today. Is this a normal timeline? Everything I have seen is that its normally a long hiring process... perhaps it's the clean record (last ticket in 1997 in a car), the perfect PSP, and the combined 21 years of experience driving for the Army, expediting and hauling Crude Oil causing a quicker timeline?

What are they looking for in the phone interview? I am articulate (been told numerous times I need to be on the radio), safety-conscious, believe in timelines and a strong work ethic, and pride myself in never having taken a standard OTR job. I am currently unemployed; been waiting for several weeks for a background check to clear for a warehouse supervisor position and beginning to feel the need to put food on the table again (read: its taking too long so I need to start working again ASAP).

Thanks in advance for any advice. I know it's short notice (2.5 hours), but I really wasn't expecting an interview this quickly, either.

5. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----

Sounds like your in, I have been gone for a long while---I am back--any questions ask---

6. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----

Ok I am back on line again---LOL

flyingmusician Thanks this.
  7. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    You sure? lol everybody left me all alone in here

8. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----
    yA BEEN HAVING FITS WITH THIS SITE, ITS ALL FIGURED OUT--AND NOW HAVE A SMART PHONE THAT CAN HANDLE ALL THE STUFF I NEED-----I HAD TO GET UP TO SPEED WITH THE TIMES---LMAO!

9. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----
    Went from a LG F-6, to a Samsung S-6 Active, boy night and day---

10. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Yeah me too to an extent. I'm testing the talk to text on my new iPhone with the Bluetooth. Figured was good a time as any works surprisingly well. Much better than I expected

60 from ecru now then Dallas tomorrow.

Back in a Volvo this week. DEF system in the kw went nuts Friday at only 37,250 miles.

I was missing that kw before I even got off the yard lol

11. ASHLEYDRIVER2013

May 10, 2015
    ALL OVER THE SOUTH----

LOL Works ok, if I am not driving--to much background noise--

I have been having a load of APU problems and converter issue's, got it to a point that we are now just at the converter final problem,

Starting out Monday Pepsi to Columbia as normal, Still on the Monday thru Sat thing

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.