Ashley furniture linehaul??

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by asphaltcowboy4x4, Feb 18, 2019.

1. househunter

househunter Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2012
    PA
    They changed their profit sharing and safety bonus since I left. The profit sharing was placed directly into your 401K if I recall correctly. Amounted to 2-4K per year. Don't recall what the weekly match was. Safety bonus is now a performance bonus based on multiple factors. If no preventables, I believe it's about $1500 per year you are accident free topping out at about $4500 per year after 3 years on accident free. I may be wrong on some of these as I left 3 1/2 years ago. Compensation/bonus is somewhat standard across the fleet with different structures for LTL and PTP {no touch}. Most yards in the Leesport area are a set day pay guaranteed of about $160 per day. Anything over a set number of miles per day also pays additional mileage pay. In addition, drop pay is in the $150 to $200 per load. When I was there, Day Pay/Mileage pay was less that half my income. Many other things pay additional $. Again, this was 3+ years ago and they are always changing things. As I said before, OTR/Regional LTL drivers out of Leesport were working 60+ hours per week when I was there. When I counted my hours, I was averaging $30-$33 per hour across the board. Hope this helps.

atruckr and asphaltcowboy4x4 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    Thanks why did you leave? Where do you go to? Is new company better?

4. househunter

househunter Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2012
    PA
    Leaving nearly every Sunday afternoon/evening and not getting home until late Friday/Saturday was taking its toll as well as the NE driving. There's only so much Washington DC, NJ and CT I could take. Tired of running I-84, I-287, I-95 all the time. If I never cross the Tappen Z again I'll be happy. Doesn't matter if you were empty at 1 PM in Hartford, CT, you couldn't get back to Leesport without hitting rush hour traffic somewhere on your route home. I have still have friends there and some are happy and others are ready to throw in the towel. I think it's like that at most jobs.

I went to a small private carrier with my own set routes. One week NY/PA area and the next week Midwest. Usually leave Sunday morning for Midwest and Sunday evening/Monday morning for NY/PA but am usually home Wed PM half the time and Thur by noon the rest of the time. Took a pay cut but much happier. When I look at my pay vs hours logged now, it's very comparable to Ashley but I'm only working 40 to 45 hours per week. There have been weeks I only logged 35 hours. Mid 50's age, time to slow down and enjoy life. Plus I love a smaller "family" company vs the large Ashley Corp. The inside joke at Ashley is that they are all about family....unless you have one :)

atruckr Thanks this.
  5. V8-MACK

V8-MACK Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Does Arcadia wi. Have the same ltl pay,etc. what is the cpm pay, what is the pay for hand unload etc. thinking about moving to western wi. If Ashley is one of the better paying jobs in the area,I would start a plan to move to the area. Expience back to 1989,pulling a reefer now, unorganized co., with low wages

6. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    Ashley has drastically changed over the year since I left I still talk to some of the guys who I used to work with and it’s become a total cluster fuch, they’ve cut drivers pay by putting the ltl guys in day cabs and cutting the daily rate they’ve just recently started a shuttle service where the ltl guys and the shuttle guys slip seat in the trucks. This has caused a headache because sometimes the shuttle guys aren’t getting back in time with the loads to be delivered. Although they still make decent money it’s not as much as it was a year or so ago

7. Mainevnt

Mainevnt Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Anyone runs from the Tampa area? I had a phone interview but after reading the mixed reviews I’m confused. My main thing is will I get home Friday and go back to work Monday? Or is it just go home for a 34hr reset?

8. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    That’s interesting that you had a interview heard they have a hiring freeze right now because it’s slow.

9. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    I work out of Redlands CA as PTP. Usually I go home Saturday afternoon home by or around 2pm and then back out late Monday morning. 44 hrs is pretty accurate. Sometimes I get 2 full days off. Just depends, occasional I can stop for a night at home during the week. Of course that all depends on where you live and the frieght lanes in your location. We have sleeper trucks but they actually pay for hotel if you get stuck out on the road doing a 34. Rarely happens. They give you a card now specifically for hotel so there is no out of pocket expense.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted