Ashley Furniture-what a joke

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Northern 7 Exposure, Apr 19, 2017.

1. cmflyer

cmflyer Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I have pretty much read this whole thread. I have worked the last 8 years @ --------automotive inc. My dispatch time 8PM Mon thru Fri, I run 250 miles 11 stops every night, 72k last W2, on a good week I wave to Mama as she passes me on her way to work in the AM. I have a 60 hr weekend and its ####. Vacation time ample, 3 wks after 7 I still would give my left nut to enter the realm of normal work hrs......thats why I will fill out an app after reading threads. I have a lot but the package has soured.
    Quality of Life is a matter of perspective to the individual, ...........Really

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    1. So we talking about truck speeds?? Wal-Mart basically run as slow as turtles and none of you guys beanies and benefits are touching there's... moot point... my truck runs 66, as long as I can make my pass and get back over I'm cool, I prefer faster but this will suffice

2. Can you show me whose making over 70K a year while running 5-6 days a week while basically running the eastern half of the U.S?? Basically it falls in line with the same thing that Sherman Williams driver just said... the norm is 70-75K a year for a private carrier being a no touch guy outside of Wal-Mart...

3. Again the whole thing is BS, but that's disrespectful?? We got carriers out here making you stay out 7 days just to earn a day off, carriers who got "idle restrictions", carriers that give you no more than 2 weeks vacation, carriers whose making you drive close to 400 miles free a week, but we're slandering a company for half of the time just letting you get a 34 hr restart at home...

4. Depending on what location you run out of matters the most... I'm out of a drop lot so I tend to go home every night on the LTL side, Guys out of distribution centers don't have that same luxury even those a couple nights home a week is pretty much the norm, Granted PTP guys usually are out the whole week but most NC guys and the PTP guy out of Richmond basically get above 44-48 hours at home if were not busy, I don't like the 34 stuff when it happens because it's happened to me a few but let's cut it like it's a horrible deal...

With that being said, it's still a Top 5% job out of all the OTR carriers out there, sit here and lie to me about driving for Uncle Joe's trucking out of the middle of Iowa just because he pays you
    35 cents a mile and let's you driver a decked out Pete 80 mph and say you make more money while being home more
    .. stop it guys it's still a better job than 90% of the jobs out here, if it wasn't you guys wouldn't of applied in the first place....

classic_150, JJ brogan and Heritage11 Thank this.
  4. Lexus31

Lexus31 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2014
    I filled out an application then had a phone interview for an hour. I called them and they said they had nothing on file about me. They wanted me to fill out another application. Are you kidding!! Stay away from this company.

5. Lexus31

Lexus31 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2014
    I completed their online job application for drivers. They called me and set up a phone interview that lasted an hour. I didn't hear from them so I followed up a week later with a email and phone call. They said they had no information about me and no phone call, was I dreaming? They want me to complete another application, I want to stay as far away from this company as I can.

6. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    There's an ACTIVE thread about them on this very page (in fact when i clicked on yours, the other Ashley thread was only 2 titles down)...what the hell made you start another thread rather than post in that one.
    I just don't understand people.

7. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Yah I know....I read that somewhere else. :biggrin_2554:

loose_leafs Thanks this.
  8. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    This sounds like outright inefficiency in the office. I TRULY & GENUINELY hope that paychecks and other records, as log records, do NOT get lost or stolen.

HOLY MOSES!!

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Did you get the name of the person who interviewed you?

10. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The whole company is a pile of crap because of this? Are you mad? Oh, wait, I think you told me before, I wrote it down, but have lost it.

11. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    When I interviewed over the phone the guy gave me his direct line to call anytime.
    Maybe there is a reason they didn't give u their number to call back. It did take almost 7 weeks before I got my offer but they check you out thoroughly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.