ATL Orientation/DEDICATED HOME DEPOT, McCalla, AL

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by originaltonytrucker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. originaltonytrucker

originaltonytrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    Hello everyone,

Newbie here!! GOt my CDL 6/28/13 and I start Orientation (SNI) in ATL 7/16 and Im a bit nervous but I gotta do what I gotta do :biggrin_255:.......I've read over most of the threads in this post but still had a question to anyone that can answer....

1. At the 18 day orientation in ATL does anyone know exactly HOW we get paid (ie: Physical Check every 7 days, Direct Deposit or 80 dollars a day everyday)

2. Will there be a Make or Break test that determines if you actually got the job?

3. Im set up for the Dedicated Home Depot Acct out of McCalla, AL servicing AL, MS, LA, AR, TN, GA, and FL...I've heard I will be home most nights and off weekend, however the recruiter says "Home Weekly" and "OCCASIONAL" spill overs into Saturdays coming in and SOME late nights on Sundays...DOES ANYONE KNOW THE DRILL OR HAVE ANY INFO AT ALL ON THIS ACCOUNT?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Worried Mom

Worried Mom Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Dedicated Home depot right out of trucking school with Schnieder Really well most people who believed and signed on for the regional and home weekends got sent OTR and not home weekends, wow if you get dedicated right out cdl school you would be the first! They don't hand that straight out to newbies that ive seen. Interesting to see how that turns out

4. originaltonytrucker

Jul 4, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    Hmmmm, Actually the flyer for the position says the job is open to Newbies...lemme see if I can pull it up....

5. originaltonytrucker

Jul 4, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    WORRIED MOM: THIS IS THE POSITION I GOT...AS YOU SEE IT CLEARLY SAYS "RECENT TRUCK GRADS"....Several recruiters that I spoke to told me that this is the HD dedicated run and the confirmation letter sent via email stated that as well...But if it turns out to NOT be true, I'll write out a resignation letter stating why Im leaving and find another company (Lots here to choose from)

Dedicated Truck Driver | Home Weekly | Birmingham, AL or McCalla, AL-12000000FL

This Dedicated truck driver position features weekly time at home, up to $46,000 per year* and a predictable work schedule. You’ll haul 100% no-touch freight and average between 2,000-2,200 miles per week. You will haul freight from a distribution center in the greater Birmingham, AL area and deliver to stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee.

Eligible Applicants

• Experienced truck drivers​
    • Recent truck driving school grads
    Pay & Benefits
    Full-time CDL truck drivers are eligible for:

• Up to $46,000 per year*
    • Mileage and accessorial pay plus potential $0.02/mile performance bonuses
    • Home weekly
    • Up to $6,000 tuition reimbursement for recent driving school grads
    • Paid orientation/training
    • Paid vacation​
    • Medical, dental and vision insurance
    • 401(k) savings plan with company match
    • 100% no-touch freight
    • Earn $1,000 for each experienced driver you refer
    • Qualcomm MCP200 - The latest in-truck technology with paperless logging and GPS​

CJ701 and Jrdude5 Thank this.
  6. originaltonytrucker

Jul 4, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    If anyone has any info on my previous questions it would be greatly appreciated...Thanks and HAPPY 4th!!!

7. Worried Mom

Jun 19, 2013
    Be cool if you get that, but my son just signed on regional and home weekends and is mostly out of his region running the worst roads in America and not home weekends usually, seems to have happen to others also, so just double check when you sign on they dont change it on ya. Get it in writing before that long greyhound ride to start training which wil only be mostly classroom stuff then (only 3 to 5 days on the road training), rare to get more than that. LOL sounds real good on paper though.

8. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    ignore her. Her son couldn't hack it and shes mad.she knows virtually nothing about trucking.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Give it a shot if that's the type of job you want. If it doesn't work out, quit! There are several excellent trucking companies working out of Birmingham that will hire you.

10. Worried Mom

Jun 19, 2013
    So mickeyrat hired straignt in on a dedicated route> ? No I think it said started out slip seating? Honestly have you ever heard of newbies out of school getting a dedicated cuz I haven't ?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Most of the guys who run the HD dedicated accounts love it. The pay is good for being home 2-3 times a week, the loads are light and most HD stores have good docks to back into. The biggest beef the McCalla guys have is getting into and out of the security gate at the DC. Its not uncommon for 10the trycks to be waiting in line to get it or out at peak times.

Worried Mom -want there are plenty of dedicated routes that new drivers canand do get onto. Sears, HD, WM, Target, Miller, FD, DG, just to name a few. It depends on where you are and whats open when you hire on.

originaltonytrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.