ATS, good, bad or be careful

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by halfbreeds warwagon, Dec 31, 2007.

1. halfbreeds warwagon

halfbreeds warwagon Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2007
    bessemer, Alabama
    I have read everything about Anderson on this web sight, good bad indifferent. I have researched them on safstat, and am going to use turbos interview them advice. Does anyone have anything else to add It has een a tough year w/ 2 other carriers and we can not deal with a whole lot more

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    I'm in the final approval stage with ATS for the specialized flatbed division.I'm
    scheduled for orientation on feb 25th as long as I get my road test on time feb 14th. I like what I've read, dont do the lease program go company driver. Best of Luck.

4. seawind

seawind Medium Load Member

May 8, 2009
    West Tennessee
    Owner operators and lease operators have absolute priority at ATS. I was a so-called company driver for them some years ago. The "company" drivers are what we used to call "relief" "gap" "stag" or "on call" drivers. They take the loads that were turned down by everyone else available.

If no loads are available, then you sit and wait. If it looks like layover it imminent, they will move you!!!

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Agreed.

I was a company in a dry van. Ive had some memorable runs. But a tractor not suited for true OTR work. (A game of fuel fuel fuel two or three times daily...) It was not a bad company, but obvious it was a BIG outfit. The fun is in specialized or flatbed. And the better equiptment as well.

seawind has it right, loads are leftovers. But you get paid the same whatever they put on you. Even if it's just a pile of company toss away parts from one yard to another with no particular appt. I still tried to treat those as I did the better loads and do well.

Ultimately for me despite my semi positive experience with the company for almost a year, there was no money in it. I had worked many months in fast food doing dishes to raise the funds to get back on the road properly and all of that got frittered away. So we moved on. Break even I call it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.