Attention all company drivers!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Oct 14, 2007.

1. cantornikolaos

cantornikolaos Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Greenville, SC
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bowman316

bowman316 Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2010
    aberdeen, md
    I have fixed an air fairing with rope. Just tied it back to the truck body. I am always picking up loose twine i see laying around.

4. KelvAcos

KelvAcos Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2013
    USA
    I agree 100%

john robins and dsj3696 Thank this.
  5. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Would you really expect more from one of the large cheap freight loser companies?

6. Patrick J Callahan

Patrick J Callahan Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Well I see a lot of warnings Co's read this but how about as someone just looking to start driving who should I be leary of or should I just look else where to start new career

The Patriot Thanks this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Every motor carrier has a bad report from drivers,there's no pleasing everybody,which is why the trucking industry has the highest turnover rate.I would suggest finding a company with the least complaints from drivers.CrEngland,crst,werner,swift ranks the highest of complaints so I would stay away from them.

john robins and The Patriot Thank this.
  8. The Patriot

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    It is also what fits the driver. Example I only run dedicated and true dedicated at that. Don't mind team dedicated but even there will only do the South or South West. Joe Smith might hate what I do and like OTR out 20 some days which I would never do.
    You have to find what suits you and then match a company to fit you. Do NOT take any recruiter's word for anything and this is why I usually stick with smaller companies who are honest and have a good record. There are a few large ones that are good but not many.

pattyj Thanks this.
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Exactly,what company and lanes you travel.I did OTR and really enjoyed it.Went local to help dad care for mom.Have'nt been otr since.It also could depend on what kind of trucking you do.I did general freight and after yrs of that I got bored with it.I then drove a side dump for a construction company.Liked it at first but the owner was very hard to deal with.More and more companies are having a tough time finding the drivers and the ones that's there quit because of low miles,no respect or both.You would think companies would do there best to keep the drivers they have but unfortunately they don't know how.

10. The Patriot

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Honestly I could have an ahole dispatcher but as long as I loved the pay and the route, I would be good. My motto, If the money is there then I do not care :)

pattyj Thanks this.
  11. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Oh, ........ I think they know how, --- it's just not as profitable, business wise, to retain drivers and pay 'em more for their experience level and clean record.
    Many of the Big truck truckin' companies have investors, and they have a responsibility to those investors to increase the value of their stocks. So they cut corners to save on operating costs.

As long as there's a revolving door of wannaBees passin' through it, these companies will continue to exploit them. It ain't fair and it ain't right, but that is what it is.

Now-a-daze a newBee has to be able to afford more than just the tuition to a drivin' school and a short stint with a trainer, they should have enough in reserve to afford the low pay and the high cost of livin' on the road as they gain enough experience to hire on with a more reputable company that'll pay better.

I feel sorry for those entering the industry broke, expecting a quick trip to financial security.
    Not sayin' it can't be done, but it'll be a whole lot rougher to git-er-dun. Think of it as payin' the dues, --- and the dues got more expensive.

SISYPHUS Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.