Attention drivers (Scottlynn commodity Ontario Canada)

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Gotto go, Jun 29, 2018.

1. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    This is the 3rd one I've owned and always had good luck with Cat's.This one is an 02 6NZ with over 3 million kms and I rebuilt it once around 1.9 million kms.

MSQUARED Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MSQUARED

MSQUARED Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2021
    That's good to hear, that was the 3rd cat in the family and all 3 have been money pit. The Ol man is an avid Cummins die hard so that's what we do. That last cat was just a deal from a friend. I question how good a friend he is after that experience

liner Thanks this.
  4. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Just wondering if the reefer fuel was figured into the mileage somehow.
    625 cat set at 550 hp pulling a reefer got 6,2 US gal, DPF and all.
    Idled when necessary.
    As for blowing up. well I won't go there.

5. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    That's only in the US, everything in Canada is going down in flames.

6. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    The Scottlyn trucks are a hilarious spec, 250WB W900's or 389's, MX13's with way to much gear, weed burner exhausts with big fake stacks, no aero cap, pulling fully loaded reefers with no skirts, always maxxed out, running 75mph@1750 rpm lol. (And they drive like complete kamikazes, because they prob have too).

We have discussed them many times on here over the years, and since 2017, I know approx 5 drivers who have gone bankrupt working for them (2 even had youtube channels documenting it), just comedy anyone would even bother with them anymore at this point. But I always seen another new victim at the big Flying J on 114th in Calgary, fueling up a shiny new truck, going to pickup that "first load".

7. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006
    I wonder how the you tuber MarcAnthonyStorm is making out he claims to be making all kinds of $$$ and has a nice bike corvette etc etc .Hearing all these stores makes you wonder about him

Phantom Trucker Thanks this.
  8. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    He's doing great, because he's a US driver, and he's running in some of the best produce lanes in the US. From what I was told by US Scottlynn guys, while I was doing the reefer thing down south, was that the Florida/US operation, is run VERY differently from the Canadian side. That being said, Youtube and good Credit can make it look like anyone is doing great in trucking.

9. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006

I guess so he certainly has a nice home ,car and bike , you would hope since they are based out of canada they would take care of their canadian drivers as well .But that’s doesn’t seem to be the case

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  10. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Cars, houses, and bikes are vastly cheaper in the US. Also fuel and trucks including maintenance is cheaper.
    Also write off their house somehow.
    Different world down there.

11. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Don't forget, 40% less taxes on Average. Some states have no personal income tax lol.

I also believe MAS has a video production company, and owns rights to a bunch of media.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.