authority in 1 hour? Scam?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 2hellandback, Dec 20, 2008.

1. 2hellandback

2hellandback Heavy Load Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Blackfoot Idaho
    Have you ever heard about onehourauthority? They claim to get you your authority in 1 hour.How can they do this? Itook my freind one month to get his!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Thats better...THANK YOU:biggrin_25519:

4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    You can get the dot number in one hour. But the true authority takes longer. It took a month in 2006 for me to get mine.

5. psanderson

psanderson Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Moline, Illinois
    It's not the authority that you can receive in one hour, it's a D.O.T. number. Operating authority takes at lease a month. But in these slow time you might be able to receive an operating authority in 3 1/2 weeks minimum as of 2004 when I retired.

From a retired federal DOT official

6. BigSam

BigSam Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Illinois
    You can get your authority number in an hour ... but impossible for it to be "active" due to the time it takes Insurance companies and process agents to file.

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    They came up with faster processing in '04 because of the need for more hurricane relief equipment . A lot of raggedy operators got authority but many of them went broke and disappeared within a year .

lots of character and psanderson Thank this.
  8. bossman211

bossman211 Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2008
    lakeland fl.
    Tell this newbie what is an "Authority" and how would a O/O get one? What advantage does it provide?

9. thomas

thomas Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Athens,Al.
    The Authority is what a company provides for you when you lease on. If you get your authority you will also have to get all your insurance ect.... The plus is you do not have to give any money to any company. The disadvanatage is you deal with the shippers to get paid.....that can take a while some times. You also do not have a "Company" to back you if you have problems.

bossman211 Thanks this.
  10. bossman211

bossman211 Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2008
    lakeland fl.
    Thanks. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for an idea I have. I wish I had come here before I spent money on Road Master. I was thinking about getting a few trucks and make them ready for expedite. With the market down right now I'll have time to get them like I want before the market comes back.

11. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    don't even think of getting your authority. you have no experience and won't be able to get insurance. there is a bunch of guys here who got there license, bought a truck, got there authority and then found out they won't insure them so they are now trying to sell trucks or working for someone else

Roadmedic and Lilbit Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.