Auto hauler cargo insurance down payment??

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by jpgale22, May 27, 2017.

1. jpgale22

jpgale22 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2016
    can any one tell me what's the average cost of autohauler insurance down payment for a 7 car operation or 7 car ez loader

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ziggy319

Ziggy319 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    It's all based on loss runs as well as value asked for, years in business credit and more.

jpgale22 Thanks this.
  4. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    Prepare to be shocked by the quote. Insurance companies have us by the balls and they know it.

5. HaulinCars

HaulinCars Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    If your an established company, 3+ years in business) have a perfectly clean loss run record, perfectly clean driving record, have old equipment with a relatively low replacement value and get minimum coverages you might get lucky and ONLY pay in the neighborhood of $15,000/year.

A new company with newer more expensive equipment, a driver with even a single blimish on the record and you could be looking at $30, 40 or even 50,000/year.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    jpgale22 Thanks this.
  6. jpgale22

jpgale22 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2016
    #### close to40 that's crazy I'm a new established company but I will be leasing on to someone who is well established in this industry

7. HaulinCars

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    Unless your running under their authority and their insurance the fact that your leased to them won't matter much if it even matters at all.

And the best part? Because they know how good the chances are of a new venture company not even making it through their first year without shutting down, some companies don't even take payments, they want the FULL POLICY PAID FOR IN ADVANCE.... NO PAYMENTS. Thats right, it could be $30, $40, maybe $50,000 all at once in advance.

8. Tropsnart

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    20170530_083140.jpg but it is worth it . Look at the rates we are getting. $2000 for 1300 miles with an overweight load. I would be all over that gravy load but I'm out of sunscreen and I can't find my shades.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  9. HaulinCars

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    What a deal... $0.16 per mile! For a full load of SUVs.. Those guys are smoking crack. I would deadhead before I hauled that.

The problem is that somebody WILL haul it. If it sat there untouched for a week or two the rate would go up. If it sat there for another week or two after that the rate would go up again at which point it would probably ALMOST be where it should be in the first place.

IF EVERYBODY refused those loads the brokers would stop posting them and we (transporters) would all get paid better.

10. Tropsnart

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    They have several of those posted. I'll bet there gone by this afternoon.

11. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    If I only had a nickel for every time I have seen that posted on this forum in the last 10 years. ;)
    There will always be someone to argue it is better than nothing & they'd move it. Or they are only one truck & it is only one load so it will not make a difference. Or their FL - MI loads are amazing, so may as well grab this cheap crap. That stuff will never change.

As far as the ops initial question. If you are leasing on with someone under their authority. They control your insurance. If you are on your own, most pay the first 3 months up front followed by 9 more payments. Some & there are a few that break it down evenly over 12 months.

brian991219 and HaulinCars Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.