Auto transport training school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by jpgale22, Dec 1, 2018.

1. jpgale22

jpgale22 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Looking for a car hauling training school?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Cassens Transport - must be a graduate of an accredited truck driving school or have 12 mos. tractor-trailer driving experience.
    Cassens
    www.cassens.com

Frank Burns Thanks this.
  4. Truckrazy

Truckrazy Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2019
    Illinois
    Ahhh.., Cassens.., I caught an old thread but lemme tell you my side of the story. You'll be making low money for months after training. Something like less than $800 a week! Older drivers' attitude towards rookies is quite demeaning, and help is scarce. Loading 10 cars for a day and unloading for a second, pays about $200, for a local run! They don't give you many long hauls at $1.30 a mile, cause you are the green one! Work is heavy, real, and a lot, you'll be overworked, and angry, broken equipment, nasty attitudes and severe weather, if you think flatbed is bad think again! Fall of the rails while strapping a car 8 feet in the air, and you'll regret everything! Everyone will tell you, hang in there, the first year is a breaking one..., after the first week you feel like a number! Is it worth loosing years before you become profitable?! Dryvan OTR rookies, at $0.60 a mile, make about $1900 a week on 1099!!! First year you can finish with $75-90K easy. Is it worth wasting time as a Cassens trainee for a year. Give it a thought! After making enough money get your own rig and make more, but if you serious about cars, I'd say, go for it.., expect to scrape the barrel for beginners!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.