Average fuel cost per week, per mile?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Sfrappier, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Coronado1785$

Coronado1785$ Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Yea im reefer. I see 2 consistantly. Maybe im greedy but i dont take 2 unless im tryg to get out of area and leads to better area

nightgunner Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    4.00+/mi for dry van out here in pa ny and New England

4. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    I did reefer for 6 years but switched to dry van . just too much dead time and fooling around .. tempted to go flatbed but that's even worse . reefer rates haven't went up as much either. I mostly unloading or loading in an hour or less . try to take loads with first come first serve probably 65% reefer too many appointment and lumped ect .... last year my lumped bill for the year was $75.00 lol .I try to avoid the ######## that take forever to unload or load . still get em but not very often. I do a lot of cabinets windows were you have to help unload but a lot of Stops and 50 extra money for each stop .. have done 18 stops in 2 days so that was 900 with my engine off most loads around 10 stops . hazmat totes pay really good you have tanker endorsement but always get 4 or 5 a mile and easy on and off

5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Fuel cost per mile for the last 31K miles, I've run so for this year, is 46c per mile. 7 cents more than the average for the whole 2017.
    Fuel cost amounts to 1/3 - 1/2 of all truck cost per mile. In my case it is about 1 dol a mile to run the truck, so If I were to run on average less than 1.60 c a mile, I'd be better off as a company driver. For others, it may cost more to run the truck, so their justification threshold has to be accordingly higher.

6. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I see the rates in the Midwest systematically going downward, week by week, along with the freight volume.The enforcement day did not bring any magic at all. Maybe they don't enforce it much....hugh?
    I'll skip the next week, I will do some gardening and relax, maybe May will be that super magic month.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.