Back haul 28 foot Alum boat & Trailer to New Brunswick

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Oldpete2112, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Oldpete2112

Oldpete2112 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2013
    Victoria, BC
    Ok, so I have a question.

Who would you recommend I contact for a customer that wants to ship his new boat from Vancouver BC to Moncton NB?

Boat would be on a trailer, perfect for step deck. Boat is an aluminum cruiser, about 6500# including trailer. Would be perfect on a step deck, with the tires off would be under height.

Trying to give the customer a few options here on transporting his new boat. Figured someone here would be able to recommend someone.

Thanks,

OP

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    You eliminated the best carriers with the first 2 words in the thread title . Be forewarned . You get what you pay for .

4. abtrucker

abtrucker Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Alberta
  5. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    I haul $300,000 cars and my insurance company told me NOT to haul boats,($80,000 Cobalts), as they wouldn't cover them.

Call that couple on Shipping Wars, they're good with moving boats...........

6. Oldpete2112

Oldpete2112 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2013
    Victoria, BC
    So what you are telling me is that there are no capable step deck carriers based in Eastern Canada that would be looking for a return trip, that would be capable of carrying a medium size boat?

Maybe I should just rent a truck and take it down myself and fly back? About $3800 to rent a one way truck, the boat is already on a trailer, and about a week of my time or my driver, rather than paying a company $8000 or so to haul the boat?

Interesting, I thought that perhaps someone would know of a reputable company that would have been able to handle a fairly basic load like that.

Pete

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Do you have UHaul in BC ? Just ask the UHaul dealer if anybody is renting a truck to go to BC . They'd probably pull the boat for $1,000 or less .

8. SHO-TYME

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    I'm just telling you because of insurance, you might have a hard time getting it moved, or maybe you won't, but before it goes on a truck, you may want to ask them if they are insured to haul boats or take the risk yourself.

Oldpete2112 Thanks this.
  9. BoomTruckin

BoomTruckin Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Devon, Alberta
  10. SHO-TYME

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    Good luck with that, I 've had people do that and then call me because the winner of the bid won't come and get the boat, most of the carriers are illegal also. Have fun there......

11. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    UShip is the place to go for people wanting to pay "back haul " rates . They won't find a hotshot company to pull for their rates .
    Some hotshotters do selectively use UShip . There's a group of them that tell each other about good shippers and they then deal with those shippers directly . You can't go to a shipper you found on UShip but they can't stop you from giving someone else a lead to it .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.