Back-up/ night lights on 2003 9400 international

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by bulldozerbert, Nov 24, 2009.

1. trucker1farmer

trucker1farmer Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2019
    On a 9900i my reverse light is always on truck is not in reverse or running is there a way to find fault where its constantly send current back past the reverse sensor

2. trucker1farmer

Dec 6, 2019
    the issue started with my side clearance lights and the fan inside the truck and dome lights not working until i put it into reverse now the problem switched itself and everything works except the truck now thinks its in reverse cause there is continuous power going to my reverse lights which now always stay on even with the truck turned off am wondering where there would be feedback from have checked all the wires and grounds cant find anything

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Could be a stuck reverse switch in the transmission. Some trucks were built with work lights on with reverse option and this included a bunch of relays and extra wiring to make this function. Something could be shorted there. Pull your breakers for the work lights and reverse and see which one kills the light.

SAR, spsauerland and trucker1farmer Thank this.
  4. trucker1farmer

Dec 6, 2019
    I have changed the sensor the breaker killing the lights is the additional work lights breaker. I can't visibly see and wire shorting out have checked most everything all the grounds am kinda stuck with this problem

5. trucker1farmer

Dec 6, 2019
    There's continuous current going to the reverse sensor wire

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The reverse switch on the transmission will get constant power and only sends power out to the lights once you are physically in reverse. There are two different option codes for this feature. I need to know the last 8 digits of your VIN and I also need to the actual breaker location you are pulling to kill the lights.

SAR, trucker1farmer and spsauerland Thank this.
  7. trucker1farmer

Dec 6, 2019
    An291103 the breaker I'm pulling is f14 A top row last one on right hand side

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Try removing a relay called, "work/backup light" and see what happens.

SAR and trucker1farmer Thank this.
  9. trucker1farmer

Dec 6, 2019
    I've switched out relays the problem is still there

10. trucker1farmer

Dec 6, 2019
    there is 2 relays called work/backup lights i pulled them both and the lights still stayed on

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.