Back-up/ night lights on 2003 9400 international

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by bulldozerbert, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    No relay, just a fuse. Most trucks it is F4-C, but always check your label on the glove box. It should be powered all the time.

SAR and ThatCatGuy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ThatCatGuy

ThatCatGuy Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2019
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I thought it was a relay, thinking the tranny switch was the signal wire.

4. trucker1farmer

trucker1farmer Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2019
    HeavyD I'm wondering where my day time running wire is tied in with the low beam lights am looking for the location please

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Check for 64C, 14 gauge yellow wire at 87A of the dimmer relay. Should be tied into 53B, 12 gauge yellow which is the feed for the low beams.

SAR and spsauerland Thank this.
  6. ThatCatGuy

ThatCatGuy Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2019
    Heavy d, I looked at my fuse and wiring. I found that there is no continuity at the switch when the transmission is in reverse. I pulled out the switch and checked continuity by pushing the ball at the end of the switch and it was good. So how do I fix the fact that transmission is not pushing the ball up?

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The shift rail isn't pushing up enough. I highly doubt it is worn down in the trans. The cheapest thing is to replace the reverse switch, even though you manually tested it was good. If the problem persists, then it is internal to the transmission and likely not going to be cheap to fix.

spsauerland Thanks this.
  8. trucker1farmer

Dec 6, 2019
    HeavyD on 9900 international the blower fan breaker jumps at #4 setting its pulling 32 amps but at #3 and lower it pulls under 15 amp what could cause that? Brand me fan

9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    On high speed, full 12 volts is feed to the blower motor. All other speeds go through the speed resistor block. If you unplug the fan and amp draw goes to zero, your fan is faulty.

10. trucker1farmer

Dec 6, 2019
    Why does my fan belt keep going off the pulleys what should I checked my idler already it's solid?? #confused

11. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Something is misaligned. Usually it is automatic belt tensioner that goes.

spsauerland Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.