Backing in at TS in tight situations?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by JH001, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I feel your pain OP. My company recently threw me into flatbed work. They use 53ft spreads. I'm use to pulling tanks which are smaller, and allow you to just jacknife the trailer into any spot due to minimal back overhang. I tried jacknifing the trailer at first and #### near tipped the load over! I've been planning my 10hr breaks at rest areas lately.

cke, stwik and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Lol oh man i bet it was buckin u like a bronco

cke and Woodys Thank this.
  4. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    There actually was barely any bucking. I just saw in my mirror what looked like a slant in my flatbed. So I hit the brakes and the trailer just started rocking from side to side and making noises that made my neck hair stand up LOL. I put it in gear and eaaaaaased it straight again, then went inside to change my underwear.

A couple weeks after I saw a western express driver make a tight u-turn in a parking lot at like 15mph with 2 coils loaded on. I swear the side of that trailer was almost leaning to the ground, and somehow it didnt flip him.

cke and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound

Hahaha thats funny as hell... We all been there, pulling a spread for the first time...... Atleast u caught it.... Ive seen guys rip the tire clear off the wheel on that first axle on the spread, Trying to pull a u turn to fast

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.