Bad co... No trucks there always broke down finished training didnt have a truck , ended up teaming

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Twisted sister, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Twisted sister

Twisted sister Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Horrible dm
    Sent me to new Orleans to pick up my truck they told me don't go at night ..
    So I rented a room I had to pay fo r
    Made it to yard in the am truck was beat up pretrip the truck fuel, leak air bag leaks
    Couplings bad
    Etc.
    Called dm told him o wouldn't drive the truck because wasn't safe ..he told me that's not for me to decide ..
    Anyways I refused .

Got fired
    They charged me 827.00 dollars to my whole check even charged me for orientation..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    What company is this?

Also, I'm pretty sure if the conversation is documented FMSCA states that you are not to be fired over safety issues.
    So you might be able to get some money back or at least out of your contract if you have one.

4. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Seems as though nothing has changed with them. I started my driving career with them many years ago and they sent me on a bus to pick up my first truck in Detroit. Was the biggest pos and didn't even run. They refused to get me a hotel and ended up spending the night on the couch in a nice hotel lobby.

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte

You're probably one of those 1 and done posters, but for anyone else reading, there is a new regulation on the books against Coercion. Meaning the company ie. DM's cannot coerce or force you do break the law.

It is absolutely for you to decide if the vehicle is safe to drive on the road, you have this thing called a CDL which puts you in the professional league of doctors, lawyers, politicians and strippers.

What I would do is go out and get the bloodsuckinest lawyer I could find, preferably one who sued his own mother then throw the anti-coercion regulation at them. You should get back your $827 bucks, your lawyer paid, paid you weekly amount til this is resolved and a $50,000 punitive on top of that. They will settle out for a a few thousand bucks but guaranteed that DM will be fired with extreme prejudice.

6. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    If it runs, take it over a scale and let DOT shut it down.
    Neat trick - If it runs, take it over to a scale house and let the DOT decide for you. Just tell 'em your situation.

White_Knuckle_Newbie Thanks this.
  7. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
    Real bad advice..He drove said "unsafe truck" and any claim he wanted to file wouldn't fly.
    Plus he could be ticketed as well.
    If he starts to drive it,it's his baby.........

CrappieJunkie and austinmike Thank this.
  8. Twisted sister

Twisted sister Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2016
    I'm going to check into it

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia

My father did that once in Mississippi. My mother and I drove there and picked him up. Today its not that easy. Any Out Of Service order is going to pickup an inspection report that could have charges against you the driver. Also with the CSA-2010 rules your going to get points. I hear you on the tell them the situation. I doubt that will work. Best advice to any driver is to never operate an unsafe tractor or pull an unsafe trailer. Even if it costs you your job.

10. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    That's a shame. It used to be a good way to get points on a carrier's record so they clean up their act.

11. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    I called department of public safety once..I told em theres a whole yard full of trucks that should be red tagged that will be leaving at 5am...(a construction company)

DPS showed up that day, warned em about an upcoming inspection...company did nothing, DPS showed up exaclty one week later and lit the place up...It was awesome
    They fixed a couple lights, a few tires, didnt comply fully...I left shortly after

The owner once told me, "we cut off the brakes on the trailers (lowboys/heavy equip) because drivers were puttin too many flatspots on the tires when rollin empty"

I pulled excavators and dozers there, no fricken trailer brakes? really? wth!!

ANways, ya, i snitched once, and it worked a little..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.