BAD COMPANY + B.S. on DAC = retirement

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BubbaTrucker, Feb 15, 2008.

1. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Ok here is how my day is going and i am sure most of you already been through this so here it goes....

I stopped working for my current employer when they had me running over hours, falsifying my logs, etc to where i ran for 3 days with no rest, sleep, anything. I gave them 14 days notice and quit. I went through a website and applied to over 20 companies, well , i just found out why they all have denied me and that is because my former company put down that i quit under dispatch, which is not true, i gave the 2 weeks notice then left, they said i was not re-hireable, but for the last 2 days i have text messages and voicemail messages from them begging me to go back and run for them again.... i filed a report with the D.O.T., osha as well as the BBB and a few others......

HERE IS THE OUTCOME OF THE DAY ...

Due to the BULL#### that Nationwide Southeast Inc has put on my DAC and the bull#### I will have to go through to get it off, I have decided that as of Monday, the 18th at 9am, I will be retireing from trucking all together, and surrender my CDL. I just dont have it in me to put up with the Bull#### that Nationwide is doing. I will just run a forklift or something and be done with it. They get to SCREW everyone on their DAC for leaving them for being forced to run Illeagal and then I have to pay for attorneys to fight this ####. I lost job offers and lost money cuz of their sorry #####, how is it right, its NOT !!! Thanks to everyone who wrote and mentioned sugestions, I did appreciate it alot.

But 11 years since I got my CDL, over 9 driving, and it comes down to the normal everyday BS that is going to end my trucking career....

I know, I know, thats the way trucking is ... yes I know, but for me to have only 3 driving jobs in 11 years that totalled 9 yrs of driving, i will say my work history and work ethic was pretty strong...

I left the first company 1996 to 1998 to move back to PA when my father passed away to help my elderly mother...

I left the 2nd company 1998 to 2006 when the owner passed away, it was a small company and closed....

and now this company for reasons above ... so I guess I had a good run ... I want to thank everyone again who offerd advise on where to go for work, but nobody will hire me for the DAC or the fact that I got a rolling stop ticket, didnt pay it and had a suspension on my license for not paying that MINOR traffic ticket ....

But thats how it goes, and I guess even though I had my CDL for 11 years, drove for 9 of the 11, I guess in my heart of hearts I am still an old timer and I like it that way ...

thanks again ...

bubba

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. elharrison

elharrison "Iam on my way"

Feb 8, 2007
    WV
    yeah i hear ya driver, this isnt right how some compianes treat us...good luck with your future

4. BubbaTrucker

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    yea but who is to say it will ever change cause it wont ... they ran me and ran me illegal mind you and what i get for a thanks is a false DAC ,.... thats ok i will ask DOT and OSHA and a few others for help tomorrow to try and see what they can do to get me back on the road ...

5. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    How is DOT gonna help? I mean think about it. Your gonna tell DOT you falsified your logs because your company made you run illegal? Nobody can make a driver run illegal except the driver himself.
    As far as the false DAC report. Did you finish your logs and turn in a copy when you left the company? Because if you did and have the other copy. Does it match with your two week notice? Then you might have grounds to contact a attorney and pursue the matter. Other wise, they can pretty much say anything they want on your DAC. Trust me, I have a issue right now with a company because they pinged my DAC because of some thing stupid. Matter of fact I had to call them today about a settlement statement. So I asked them about why they put this on my DAC. I could not get a straight answer but Would you like to come back and work for US?
    I almost feel like you and shredd my CDL's. This has to be one of the worst professional jobs I have worked. Where they treat people like crap and get away with it.

6. BubbaTrucker

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    i gave them the 2 weeks. i lived out my weeks. they even gave me 24 hours to take the truck home to clean it out, i did and was cleaner going back then it was when i got it .... i asked them why they had the nerve to do that to me and then ask me to come back and they had no answer ... if i get nailed from the dot for my logs, so be it, but i bet they get it worse having most of the drivers doing false logs .. .. they may not feel the hit financially, but for what they put out in fines could have went somewhere more important to them ...

all i wanted to do was walk away from them quietly and have the favor returned .. they did the DAC so i have to do what i had to do ...... i left them because of the logs and etc, they knew that is why i was leaving ... but still they did that to my DAC and now i cant get on with anyone .. i tried everyone but flatbed companies and i know they wont take me either ...

so i have one choice and that is not driving ....

it wasnt that i asked for much ... honest pay for honest work ... only days i had off were my reset days ... that was fine i didnt care about days off .. i love driving more than i love being home anyway ....

7. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Companies that use DAC aren't the only companies that are out there, you should be able to find something. Smaller companies don't bother with DAC because of the cost. If your MVR is relatively clean, you should be able to find a job with a company that runs freight by where you live.

How recent was the suspension, and how was your record otherwise? If you like driving truck, keep after it. Dispute the DAC report.

8. BubbaTrucker

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    my suspension was in may of 2007 for not paying for a rolling stop ticket .. i got a speeding ticket in dec of 2005... the rolling stop ticket was from march of 2007... instead of getting me for running a red light, they put something about a traffic device ... they said there would be no points and it was a minor ticket since it was at 230am and there was nobody around its like a ghost town after 10... red light was blinking and i did not coe to complete stop ... i slowed to about 2 mph in my car .. never had a ticket in a commercial truck ...

bubba

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I agree, why not try for a local company, or manufacturer? My employer is a local aluminum manufacturing plant. We run 4 trucks, I'm home every night, and made about $45,000.00 last year.

10. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I find myself doing the rolling stop thing on occasion myself,the suspension for failure to pay in that case is not a big deal to most companies, but insurance companies see a risk taker, it's not something that is cut into granite.

The running over the rules thing is a sore spot for me as well, I try not to, but every once in a while, it happens. Whatever you do, good luck to you, the important one, speeding, will be over 3 years this year,in December, and that depends on how fast and where. In Iowa, a speeding violation on the rural Interstate is higher priced and more frowned upon than going over in a 55 or less, as long as the ticket is written for under 15 over.

11. gearjammer-2000

gearjammer-2000 <strong>Clutch User</strong>

Dec 18, 2007
    columbus Ohio
    the do that so no one else will hire you and you have to come back to them that is one of the problems with DAC I have heard more and more of people quiting companies and then having to go back to them because of what the company has put int their DAC report, I guess if they cannot stop the churn by treating their drivers right they found a good loophole in the system to essentially to make a slave of the drivers that do come back

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.