BAD COMPANY + B.S. on DAC = retirement

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BubbaTrucker, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, Bubba. It's a shame so many companies don't appreciate good workers. Best of luck to you finding a job you like and that makes you enough money to be comfortable in life. :)

4. prisonerofthehwy

prisonerofthehwy <strong>Ball and Chains</strong>

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    I know, that now one really wants to go this route, but have you considered applying at a rent a worker place,(temp to hire)? They usually hire drivers. Not the best of driving jobs, I am sure, but it might get you back in the saddle.

Baack Thanks this.
  5. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I think a name is pro driver, like a temp service for drivers.

6. kimbo

kimbo Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Minot, ND
    :biggrin_25513:mcelroy did the same thing to my husband he turned his truck in & they put on his dac he abandoned truck but he turned his truck into one of there terminals, then they took all of his paycheck because they said he didnt turn it into the cuba terminal. anyway tmc hired him with that on his dac he just explained everything to his recruiter. good luck!!!!!!!!!

7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I know of several drivers who have gotten charged for abandonment even though they took a truck back to the company. It seems that some want you to turn it into a place they do orientation at or their main headquarters terminal or they will take money and or put it on your DAC.

You have to really be careful these days and find out were they want the truck and should probably try to do it after you have gone home and cleaned it out so you won't have to drag around a bunch of stuff.

A driver should also consider when hiring on what kind of hassle it may be to get from were they turn in the truck back to the house. When I quit KLLM they had me take the truck to Jackson Miss even though I picked it up in Woodland Ca and live south of Seattle Wa. What a journey that was getting home, not to mention taking almost 4 days on the Grey dog.

8. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    brickman

i checked out dacfix but i dont have money to do it ... i was on the phone today with some small companies and NOBODY will take the chance on me cause of the crap that nationwide southeast put on my dac ..

its not getting any better to find work and i have stated if i cant find one i am just going to surrender the CDL ...

its ashame that a company like nationwide southeast has to resort to childish games to drivers ... they just cant seem to let a driver go ... they have to play games and keep the man out of the industry ...

hey nationwide southeast ... did you do the same thing to all the drivers you lost in the 3 week period that i left , 2 other drivers left and hey ... your OWN senior driver even left and he was ONLY THERE FOR 4 months ...

you want to know why you keep losing drivers .. here is a hint ..

STOP RUNNING THEM ILLEGAL ... STOP RIPPING THEM OFF OF MONEY ... GET PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO RUN A OFFICE IN PA ... WOULD BE NICE TO NOT MAKE THEM DO A 12 HOUR RUN IN 8 HOURS ... RUN LEGAL AND I BET YOU WILL KEEP DRIVERS ... YOU NEED TO CUT YOUR LOSES WITH A DRIVER AND NOT PLAY MORE GAMES LIKE YOU ARE PLAYING WITH ME ...

9. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    In a state the size of PA there HAS GOT TO BE some companies that do not hire by the DAC. Around here in this low population state I could find a whole handful in an afternoon.
    Don't look by the ads in the newspaper or recruiting magazine. In your travels around I know you've seen small trucking company yrds around. Look in the phone book for a list of trucking companies. etc.

Good luck.

10. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    Anyone want to pass the hat to help Bubba out so he can do the DAC fix?

Just a thought...

Sucks, Bubba :(

11. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    there are only 2 local ones that are hiring and they BOTH have declined me .. 1 said no due to the fact that they run with nationwide on a few things and they rent part of the building from them and the other said they dont have a truck take home and that is what i need cause working for 200 a week at nationwide got my car re-poed ...

but thanks for the suggestion about the local companies .. i tried to call as many as i could that are local and or somewhat close by and they are either not hiring or they said they cant help me until the dac is fixed ...

just wanted to give you an update ...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.