BAD COMPANY + B.S. on DAC = retirement

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BubbaTrucker, Feb 15, 2008.

1. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    how is it alot of newbies and some experienced guys abandon their trucks in the middle of nowhere and find another company to work for and i have a bad company say i am not re-hireable and i have the voicemails and etc to prove they were begging for me to come back and i cant find anything...

as i see it and will always see it .. why abandon a truck and have to clean your truck out and then try and make it home by way of greyhound when all you have to do is give your 2 weeks, get by the house, clean out the truck and drop it in the yard when the 2 weeks are up .. but then again, that is what i did and its on my dac that i quit during dispatch ... i was not under a load and the dispatcher gave me the night to take the truck home and clean it out ... who knows ......

i talked to sharkey and they said they would look beyond it and call me back and they never did .. left messages for the guy and he wont return my calls ... talked to another company about lease purchase and told that company when i get my rider approved i would not need home time and he seemed really interested and he hasnt called back .. left messages for him ....

i have this thing were i have 3 kids ... 2 are out of state and 1 is overseas fighting for this country .. the only reason i would need hometime is to see the woman ... and if i have a rider policy , there is no need to go home and see her for she will be with me in the truck .... figured that would help me out but i was wrong hahahahahahha......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    Some probably lie before the DAC crap shows up. Some probably live where they're desperate for drivers. Some probably "know someone". Some are probably great talkers.

Who knows??? Been in your situation a million times, Bubba (I lost my job and got #### but others have no problem finding another and they WERE ####). Don't know how they manage it but us honest ones always get the short stick. :biggrin_2557:

4. BubbaTrucker

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    well i have never abandoned a truck .. would never do that ... i have never had any tickets in a truck .. never failed a drug screen .. never had any log violations whereveer i worked ... until nationwide and they wont violate me since they told me to run over hours .... no accidents that were ever my fault .. only had 2 , never in a truck .. last 1 was june 3rd 2004 i was on a harley and got rear-ended... threw my big butt 47 1/2 feet from the bike ...

last accident before that was in 1992.... speeding tickets ever 1 was in 1999 and the last was dec of 2005 ...

moving violations ... other than speeding ticket in 2005 and in 1999.. i have a rolling stop in 2007 ...

suspensions ... i have a suspension for not paying for that minor rolling stop ticket ... they didnt suspend them for the act of the stop .. they did because i didnt pay the ticket ...

other suspension was in 2002 for not paying a parking ticket ...

that is about it for my driving record, tickets , etc ... pretty clean .. not spotless but clean ...

never had any d.u.i for i dont drink beer .. i cant stand the smell of it ...
    never did a drug.. my elderly mother would beat me with her cane and i fear her more than anything else ...so no drugs ever for me ...

hahahhahahahahaha maybe i am a jinx cause i am a Eagles fan hahahahaha... that may be it ...

5. BubbaTrucker

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    25(2)+2

I can see where there are times you have to run over . ... that is not a prob... prob is when you have to keep doing it or not hear the end of it or get the crap loads from the dispatcher ..

they had 9 drivers when i started,... when i left that had 5 and 2 left after i did within a week ...

there are times where i was about out of hours and had to creative log to run 2 hours to get under a load .. that is fine .. thats part of the industry ....

above i didnt state my driving exp ...

i drove from 1996 to 1998 ... left that company to move back to pa ... called him a few months ago to see how he been .. he stated that if he had a open truck he would put me in it or if the bank would finance him another he would .... thats a good refrence ...

then i went to another company that was also small from 1998 to 2006 .. that owner passed away and i got a heck of a reccomondation from his grandaughter who was in his safety dept ... if he didnt pass i would still be there tooo .... as well as the one from 96 to 98 ...

then there was nationwide and ... well ... you all know how that is ... hahahahhaa.... in between the last company in 2006 and nationwide in 2007 i ran for a limo company .... and he just the other day called and said someone called him to verify employment ... found out i was unemployed and asked if i can fill in for a driver this weekend on 2 runs in a limo .... it dont pay much after gas to get to him and home and etc ... that company is about 45 miles away ... and alot of times the runs for him are only an airport run that pays 30.00 ..... so that dont help me hahahhhaa.. that is why i left .. .. but the work history is solid .. with the exception of nationwide , i have never left a company on a bad term ... and i gave them the 2 weeks notice .. i think it is becasue they lost a heck of a driver who ran his tail off for them and they dont find too many drivers who will do that ... who knows

but there ya have it .. my driving rec,... Dac and experience ... all in the last 3 posts ....

6. kimbo

kimbo Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Minot, ND
    that's just it he didnt abandon his truck turned it into a there terminal, but they put it on dac abandon truck the terminal he turned it into even came out to inspect truck & inventory and said it was all good. I picked him up he didn't have to ride a greyhound home. And his dac didnt have time to have it on there but mcelroy called tmc to tell them they was putting it on there, we was really worried because he had already quite mcelroy & now tmc didnt know about hiring him because of mcelroy calling & saying what was going on dac. But tmc went ahead & hired him. So I was just saying try tmc its always worth a try better than unemployment line.

7. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    All that BS is, is one last kick at the cat--a spiteful childish way of making you suffer for quitting on them. I say drivers should start cleaning their trucks out and leaving them in Ciudad Juarez... maybe the buttholes at Screw-A-Driver Transportation would get the message.

8. LuckyLady7

LuckyLady7 <strong>Good Luck Charm</strong>

Nov 8, 2007
    South Carolina

I really liked your comment....and I feel the same way....I believe I worked for that company????????Great name Screw-A-Driver Transportation....yep I am almost sure I did....

9. BubbaTrucker

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    i had 3 companies call me today and say they will call back in about an hour an they never did ... oh well ..

10. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Not one to say it most of the time, but can you sue someone for a false DAC? You'd think in this day and age you'd be able to.

11. LuckyLady7

LuckyLady7 <strong>Good Luck Charm</strong>

Nov 8, 2007
    South Carolina

I was told that any company you work for can put things on your DAC without your knowledge? Is this true? So if it is true then how do we defend ourselves against the things put on our DAC?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.