Bad driving record

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Fngtrucker14, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Fngtrucker14

Fngtrucker14 Bobtail Member

May 14, 2014
    I have been driving for about 4 1/2years. My first 3 years accident free with no moving violations. The last job I had was delivering to NYC 5 days a week (days) for about 1/12 years. In that time I have had 4 traffic accidents. I feel like my driving career is over. I understand most companies wont hire with more than1 accident in 3 years. I was wondering if yard jockey was a possible alternative or should I just fill out an application at Mickey D?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Carolina Cargo might hire you, but it's doubtful.
    You might find a job driving job on Craigslist. On NYC cabbie found a job with an owner-operator that has just one truck . The cabbie had at least a dozen tickets & fender benders.

4. Komissar

Komissar Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Here's a few companies you could try:
    Western Express
    Carolina Cargo
    McLeod Express
    CR England

5. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    In How many of these accidents were you charged with causing it ?

All 4 ?

6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Wow, I find myself having an opposite view. I think most carriers will want to take a long look at those accidents. List them ALL. However make sure somewhere if you can in a remarks section these accidents were in some of the toughest traffic in the world. I have decades of safe driving, however in all honesty I doubt I could drive all day everyday in NYC and not have a accident. You might find a carrier to give you another chance.

Vic Firth and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. turtletk

turtletk Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2017
    A lot of that depends on the Insurance of the company. Most Insurance companies do not want the company to hire with 3 moving violations or no serious crashes in last 3 years.. It is all in how it is written.. I suggest posting apps in the bigger companies.. Never hurts to apply and be told No.. just need one to say yes and do good for a year or so..

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    NYC is some of the hardest driving possible in the Nation short of war.

Just about all of my conflicts involving a potential CRASH with a 18 wheeler have occurred between the GWB and the Connecticut line. Ive had a small number elsewhere in the USA but nothing like NYC.

List em all. Eventually after three years of no accidents you will be valued again for hiring.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    The question how many were you at fault. Did you get Lawyer? May be worth it to reopen case if not

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.