Bad local excavation/ dirt hauler company "Dr. Dirt"

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Jstier76, Jul 24, 2020.

  1. Jstier76

    Jstier76 Bobtail Member

    1
    1
    Jul 24, 2020
    0
    I recently was employed for local company called Dr. Dirt in Peoria, AZ.
    I worked for 4 days in dump truck with NO A/C for starters. Then I was pulled over for no DOT number displayed on truck, among other things. So as punishment, he tries to put me on manual labor duty fixing anything wrong with trucks which is not my job!! You know how it goes, try to play it safe, you don't go to work as punishment. He now expected me to drive my personal vehicle for well over 20 miles to jobsites when I used to just drive to yard then drive dump truck to jobsite. I never signed up for this and refused! Needless to say, I quit after having kidney stone and now he hasn't paid me my last two paychecks!!
    I advise you not to work for this company.
    I never even was made to do pre-employment drug test which is also illegal!! Run, run fast!!!
     
    alds Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. mjd4277

    mjd4277 Road Train Member

    7,099
    14,493
    Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    0
    With a name like “Dr. Dirt” I wouldn’t expect that outfit to be squeaky clean!!lol
     
    Puppage and stevep1977 Thank this.
  4. Lonesome

    Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

    7,158
    10,540
    Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    0
    I can't run very fast any more, but I will do my best.
     
  5. truckguy391

    truckguy391 Light Load Member

    73
    174
    Jan 22, 2017
    The south
    0
    I lived in Phoenix, AZ for 5 years. It’s hot.... really hot lol. I would’ve quit as soon as I discovered the truck had no A/C. You can call me a princess or whatever you want but to me if a company won’t fix the A/C in their trucks it shows they don’t give 2 ####s about their drivers.
     
  6. Voodoo Pyg

    Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

    385
    350
    Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    0
    Another reason I left the oilfield.
     
  7. AModelCat

    AModelCat Road Train Member

    17,499
    75,056
    Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    0
    I ran a local straight truck for over a year with no heat and no AC. Pushing 100 in the summer and 35 below in the winter. 95% of the job was working outside, the other 5% was actual driving. Git r done! Can't make any money with the truck in the shop.
     
    exhibitman03 Thanks this.
  8. stevep1977

    stevep1977 Road Train Member

    3,607
    13,770
    Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    0
    Does Dr Dirt have a degree in trucking?
     
  9. gpf87

    gpf87 Heavy Load Member

    709
    703
    Feb 2, 2017
    0
    I'm starting to wonder if there are any decent dirt hauling companies in AZ . Tucson is the same way except they're only paying $14-$16 per hour

    AZ , NM and CA cops are some of the worst ; These companies expect you to go on public roads with these junk trucks and ruin your cdl
     
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Draft saved Draft deleted