bad news with national carriers lease progam

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by maxpoper, Apr 6, 2009.

1. maxpoper

maxpoper Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2009
    houston tx
    my advise don,t try it , after 20,000 and 10 week later my pay was a 980.00 dollars , when i start to con front the said that i could not get the miles i need to bring home a half good pay check , so don,t listen to the one that tell iam doing good they , are kissing butt , or licking it ,it a game and belive me they fix it so it will benfit tnem, not you are your family. then they tell you if you don,t bring truc back they will put it on dac, and they have a yard in the town you stay in, dart is one to. don,t drive for arnold . those 3 i know about you have been warned

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boone315

boone315 Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    black lake ny
    I think Excel beef used to own them, I hauled a couple excel loads till I smartend up. I would pay $35 for trailer washout( at a bay they owned) $15 spotting fee to back into their dock, $15 per pallet because my brand new ones were not good enough. Then would have to fork over another $125 to $200 for lumper to load and again to unload. Of course I was never told this upfront and never found out till I questioned the broker the deductions and asked him why he sent me a check for $800 and $850 on the two 900 mile loads I hauled for him that were supposed to pay $1.35/mile. Needless to say I never hauled any more Excel beef loads. I always thought the object of driving truck was to get paid by a company to haul their freight, not me pay them for that privilege.

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    Know some people who have done realy well. With any Lease Purchase program you have to be very diciplined at keeping expenses down, and dedicated to running all aspects of your business. Its a whole new ballgame.

5. maxpoper

maxpoper Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2009
    houston tx
    snow bunny i have it on paper, in black and white after been a o/o for 25 years retired from it you think i don,t no what iam doing, those are the few that , they tell you they are doing well. i herd more bad reports than good , each to it own good lucky:biggrin_25526:

6. snowbunny

snowbunny Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Ottawa, ON

I imagine you do know what your doing, wouldn't presume you didn't. However from our experience with lease purchase program we were successfull.

We also know people, good drivers, who couldn't make it work. 5 people have had our truck since we turned it in in Oct. when we bought another one.

To each their own. Was just offering my opinion.

Cheers!:biggrin_25525:

7. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    holy crap, my eyes and brain are now broken.

8. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Towanda, Kansas
    Wow! I know what you mean! These people can barely articulate a thought! With that workin' against them, how in the world could they understand a lease agreement or anything that is even remotely complicated?
    It really just boils down to a sad commentary of some of the people in this industry and yet another reason why we'll never be very highly thought of.

9. rixcamp

rixcamp Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2008
    seligman,az.
    I must agree with you, Aladdin. I'm not making fun of other hard working truckers, but the illiteracy rate amongst truckers is astonishing! Adequate and basic spelling and grammar skills are rare here. But these CAN be worked on, and improved. It takes an effort to do so though. I realize that as truckers, we don't have much free time to our avail. And when we do, the last thing we want to do is to improve our minds. But its genuinely hard getting through some of these posts.

10. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    What are you complaining about? I just had my mind switch it to a drawl and it came out fine. Try not to drop your top hat on the way out the door, good day sir, I SAID GOOD DAY.

:biggrin_25517:

11. Longbow

Longbow Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Ohio
    Haven't learned your lesson have you. Still dumping on other peoples posts. I've got an idea. How bout you start a thread and will come over and trash it!

allnite Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.