Banned from DDS in sun Prairie, wi

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by desperado75, Sep 29, 2018.

1. desperado75

desperado75 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    Went there in 96 at that time it was a union shop instructors were there 10 to 20 years. However it was a 2 week course average class size was 60. I have to admit we had plenty of yard time. They had about 15 yard trucks that were 20 plus years old. About to 10 road trucks less then 10 years old all ceo and 48' trailers but only got about 15 min of road time a day. Also because i didnt have my state issued birth certificate and new York didnt fedex it at the time they helped me out by giving me a job while i waited for it. I was able to start the next class and still worked for the extra money. After i graduated and passed my road test i still had a week before leaving for my first job. That monday they went around collecting the trucks from the weekend road tests. Bill Weaver who was the chief instructor, i think because he had diabetes and couldn't drive wanted me to drive one of them back but i still only had my permitt so he had too. I ended up getting banned from there for something i didnt do. While picking up the yard some of the new class tried to get me to help them I said i couldnt and changed the subject. One of the instructors Bill Fox (fat foxy) saw it and said i was helping and took me to weavers office and he took fox's side. About a year ago i heard fox died of aheart attack and weaver died from the diabetes. Also about 2 years ago the placement guy, Red retired and he was there about 50 years..

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Oldironfan and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Good info, very informative post.

jammer910Z, farmboy73 and desperado75 Thank this.
  4. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    So you were banned from there 22 years ago? Have you tried to go back?

Oldironfan and desperado75 Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Now this is a post.

I appreciate the information. Sometimes death tends to bury a problem as it has done for me when specific company officers die off and literally bury my own bans, firing and stories or black listing. Sometimes Companies die off through many faults such as illegal multi paper logging etc. And when they go poof, it gets easier to hire on to other companies because the real problems that some of those dead companies firing or black listing me for no longer is a barrier to employment.

It is unfortunate to have to get SS records of life time wages paid so you can prove that yes you worked at such a such a outfit no longer in business and support your claim for the three, seven and ten year gaps in employment history plus reasons why you did not have a job. Company went out of business. There is nothing left for a prospective employer to call.

one day my own driving school on haven street in baltimore themselves closed right up.

Diesel Institute of America (Cheverly, Landover & Baltimore)
    April 30, 1990

source material
    https://mhec.maryland.gov/instituti...ure/Closed Maryland Postsecondary Schools.pdf

Rebirth of DIA as NATS Baltimore and history.

About NATS

I still possess the diploma, road test card and written exam card needed for road testing with the Class A permit in those days out of the Haven Street location. I also possess a few pictures of the transtar 73 we used for testing and road mountain work.

In my entire lifetime from 21 on to the mid 50's NOT one has ever asked for the diploma. And I found it interesting that one employer did not care to hire me on having trained me in the same school class room. I suppose being deaf had something to do with it. But they were careful not to bring it up in a formal employment situation even though it was most certainly a subject 4 instructors (The entire DIA staff) brought up with me because all 21 students had concerns with me. SO I had to educate many people about the deaf culture, then the hearing impairment then intergrate with the public wearing hearing aids the same as people wear glasses, it's no big deal.

There is one instructor who understood me very well. There were times I hear his voice from the empty passenger seat in my cab in times of mountain storms out west such as St Georges UTah in two feet of snow and raging blizzard non stop barefoot, no chains. I hear his voice roaring at me using my last name as a military style call out followed by a very pointed question about a problem. Such as why are your #### drives spinning in this #### snow, Whats matta wid ya? Followed by a punch or slap. (Today's snowflakes call it abuse, I call it focusing students like myself who need it)

My wife came out of the bunk and said who you talking to so and so (Instructor name) I explained to her about that certain instructor from trucking school. She understood. Some people never leave you. He's probably dead and gone by now I imagine.

Another Instructor, taught God how to use the mountains for trucking purposes. God built it But this instructor, the top dog taught everyone including God how to drive. And how. That man did things with a 18 wheeler that I was eventually in time able to copy. But if I had been caught doing these things with a 18 wheeler by the company boss, I would not be fired but shot. Then hung on a cross.

One instructor delivered gasoline to my gas station that I worked at for some years after cooking my Class A with too many tickets That time off the road was not too good for me because all i could think of was passing the three years needed to discharge all those tickets (My fault) enough to become hireable. I managed to get into dumptruck work and other trucking things again so that worked out very well in the end. Without getting into detail Maryland was no longer a home for me and Arkansas has been more than good for that purpose.

Another instructor worked out of Blue Diamond, Pulaski Highway just inside the beltway on US 40. (Same road) and eventually I discovered that the entire facility has been demo'ed all the way down to bare dirt and is being rebuilt into something else. Blue Diamond is a trucking company of the old school. A transfer dock before there was containers and pallets into the 50's that employed teenagers to lump the freight among all the trailers in the ICC Regulation days. Deregulation in the late 70's gave them a bad hit among other things. The owner of that company was a family friend and we had opportunities to get me settled there but the instructor unknowingly interfered with that appointment that I had set up with him. So that got botched royally. I don't worry about it.

But anyway. Schools are where people learn to drive a 18 wheeler. Just enough to pass the state test. Your real eduating begins the first load dipatcher gives to you. Get going yer late.

Güera, Oldironfan and desperado75 Thank this.
  6. desperado75

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    not really been by there many times in a truck but today there operation is different not union anymore and all but 2 of the 10+ instructors are gone. Besides after that I ended up screwing up what was supposed to be my 1st driving job with BMC and because they were to pay for the school while I was employed, there was a chain reaction. the tuition ended going to a collection agency and I ended up paying pennies on the dollar for the school. . I think it was supposed to be $2500 ended up paying less then half of that..

7. desperado75

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    come to thing of it I still have my diploma and the only one that wanted it see it was my first driving job.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. desperado75

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    this is a the school a year ago. not my video

x1Heavy and Oldironfan Thank this.
  9. desperado75

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
  10. desperado75

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    one more thing i forgot to mention, in 96 thier name was diesel truck driving training school inc. Now they shorten it to diesel driving school. DDS...js

x1Heavy and Oldironfan Thank this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Trying to remember where I was 22 years ago.

desperado75 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.