Bargaining

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by atwal, Feb 26, 2014.

1. atwal

atwal Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Greater toronto area
    Iam looking to buy brand new day cab Mack truck CXU613 MP7 405 HP from ontario dealers.
    Ask a couple of dealers for quote ... But they all give almost same price means when someone buy a 100k car there are huge discounts and big bargain .....does it happen in trucking too ??? Any one have the bargaining experience with the dealer ,???
    Let me know plz

AND DO U THINK BUYING A MACK IS A WISE DECISION AS AN OWNER OP. ???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    You have to show a dealer you have a true interest in buying a new truck to get them to deal. Just asking once for a quote will not get their attention. The more specific and in - flexible you are the less room you have to get a good deal. The best deal is usually found at a dealer when they have a piece of equipment that has been on their lot for a while, and nobody else is interested in. Ordering a specific Class 7 or 8 can be expensive, and the dealer knows he has the upper hand.Day cabs are in high demand.
    I usually line up my financing ( if needed ), find the truck closest to what I need, approach the dealer and let him know I have the money, and he already has the truck. I find some good deals that way.
    Ain't nothing wrong with a Mack, but they can be high dollar.

atwal and Jokingypsy Thank this.
  4. atwal

atwal Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Greater toronto area
    almost three day cabs in the market are of same or closely priced over 100,000 if automatic. i own Volvo and international both have some bugs but ppl says that mack is more simplified than those both or either of freightliner. so wanna c how mack runs. it looks solid though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.