barlow truck lines faucett,mo

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by michael redd, Apr 17, 2012.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes, I'd like to know that too. o_O

I don't recall there being anything in the rules about using search to find an existing thread vs creating a new one.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Loose Leaf

Loose Leaf Medium Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    He is a recruiter trying to turn it around is what it sounds like.
    I actually called western express this morning.
    From what I gather I am to argumentative. The recruiter didnt care about my wants are needs.

They want inexperienced gullable desperate drivers so they can control 100% to there benefit.

Realy

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Well WE is a starter/second chance company so naturally they're looking for "fresh souls" to buy.lol

5. MDayjr

MDayjr Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2017
    The age of this post doesn't matter. I'm glad to see some fresh responses. That's what it's all about. Right? So far these "20+" years exp drivers that have shamed themselves because they knew better (or did they?) have trashed a company that's been around since 1978 and doing fairly well. I called today and talked to them to get the scoop on their LP plan. I like what I heard. Their trucks do 68mph and their drivers are averaging $1000-$2000 net in your pocket take home. They mainly run mid-west and 5-6% of their runs are NE-SE. Their trucks are set up with OO specs complete with APU and fridges. Balloon for a new truck (4.5 yrs) is around $25,000 and a used one (2 yrs) is around $15,000. They have health insurance with ITG. I looked into it a few months back and a family plan was about $400 a mo.
    I'm looking at Barlow as a possible backup in the event my current company (Roadrunner) just isn't cutting it anymore. There have been a few moments.
    Being a company driver can be very easy. All you do is drive and do your paperwork and you get paid. Being an Independent Contractor comes with lots of sacrifices. Its hard work. A business that you're running for yourself. One can't go into a LP plan straight out of school and expect to make it. It takes knowledge of the business which takes years to obtain. You may think you know but believe me, you don't. Just because you grew up with your daddy on the truck does not mean you know trucking. It takes first hand experience. I always recommend new drivers to drive company first. This job isn't for everyone. It's a hard life and as I said before, very sacrificing.

bzinger and Leftlane101 Thank this.
  6. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    All I can say is don't be gullible and believe what recruiters tell you most say anything to get you into the door.They have a bad rep on the streets something like hurricane has.I highly doubt you'd bring home 2,000 a week very likely close to 1,000 if your lucky.Why do a l/p with a balloon payment and governor the truck to company driver speeds but yet all responsibility is on you never made any sense to me it's a win win for the company especially the ones that only pay 1.00 a mile or less.They can terminate you at anytime and take the truck back lease it to another sucker and why they been in business for years and doing fairly well just like jct.

7. MDayjr

MDayjr Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2017
    I for got to mention that Barlow pays 74% of the freight w/100% fuel surcharge. I currently make 70% here at Roadrunner. Difference is, my truck does 78mph and I find myself doing 70 most of the time anyway. All trucks have a ballon payment at the end including financing one at a dealer. I was already in line to purchase one at MHC but didn't have the $8000 to put down on it. That truck had a $10,000 ballon at it's end of term. No matter the myths or propaganda out there about Lease Purchase, it's a decision that must be made with the idea that it might not be for you. There are a lot of drivers who have successfully completed lease purchases and either own their truck or has continued on with lease purchase. Either way, company or IC, there are risks in trucking and that has to be something every individual must consider when making endeavors into this line of work.

8. poppapump1332

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    No they don't I purchased two trucks at liberty kw and it was a straight up 5 year loan after last payment truck was mine and not all l/p has a balloon even jct the truck is yours for a dollar.Im not against all l/p just most of them.I wish you the best and hope it works out for you.

OmcCheese Thanks this.
  9. Neverready

Neverready Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Pocomoke City, Md.
    Reviving an old thread serves a purpose. It can relate information as to whether or not issues and practices by a company have improved or remain the same over a period of time.

10. Bigdawg1980

Bigdawg1980 Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Just spoke to someone at barlow.. you dont determine your home time when you want to?!?!?.. what kind of owner op are you at barlow?!?!.. whatta joke!!

mtoo and poppapump1332 Thank this.
  11. poppapump1332

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Glorified company driver rolling at 68 mph lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.