Batteries

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by D16, Jan 20, 2008.

1. D16

D16 Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Vancouver
    Hi guys!Need info about replacement(free of charge) warranty for truck batteries i.e. heard about 18 months or longer.In my case Volvo service replaced all 4 batteries on my 15 months old VN670 and charged me in full.In their explanation batteries covered by warranty 12 months only,but I'd suspect they cheating me.Any help would be greatly appreciated.:biggrin_2554:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

If the truck is only 15 months old, then look at the purchase paperwork and see what the stated terms of the warranty are. They usually have some details in there that cover the conditions under which a warranty applies. if the batteries did not meet the conditions under which the warranty applied, nothing done wrong here. You'll have to get out the paperwork and see exactly what is covered and find out the reason they were replaced. If they failed for a reason not covered under the warranty, you may be out of luck making a claim.

And don't forget, if you have a bunch of electronic items in the cab, that in itself can violate the warranty on a battery. They are designed and warranted to start the truck. Adding on coolers and radios and other accessories can violate a battery warranty.

You're gonna have to read the fine print.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.