Bavarian Motor Transport, LLC - Okemos, Mi.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by luvmyhubby, Sep 12, 2005.

1. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    My hubby is a car hauler and works for Bavarian Motor Transport out of Michigan...I must give this company kudos for
    treating their drivers fairly, keeping home time schedules and keeping their equipment in good repair and they tell the truth when you talk
    to them from the very start. :D

dannyboy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

I've never heard anything bad about BMT, except some people don't care for running around in cabovers, and they still run a lot of them. Does he get adequate hometime running with them? I assume they make out okay, because the only time I see them stopped is to get washed at the Bue Beacon. Other than that, they seem to stay in motion. If I was going to look into a car hauling gig, I would look closely at them.

4. luvmyhubby

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    Since starting at BMT my hubby has only had one time when he was a day late getting home...he wasnt forced to stay out...he was asked to and didnt have to agree....they treat him wonderfuly...as for the cab over...he says it is the smoothest ride ever....at first he thought it was the typical kidney killer but its a FL argosy (sp on that one) and he loves it...he did say it takes a little getting used to their rigs cuz it sure aint no typical semi...LOL..he parks at home and the neighbors had no idea what he was hauling in that "strange truck" as they called it...Hubby runs the typical
    70hrs and then sits at a truck stop...(a good one if possible) for his re-start time...the drivers choose to run, they are not forced to....if he wants an early day he just pulls over and parks it....home time is this weekend so I am a happy camper!

5. PortlandDriver

PortlandDriver RIP, May You Be Heaventown Bound!

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    Sounds like a good deal for both of you.

How long is he out on a typical run?

6. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Are you down in Sidney, Oh? I run that way a lot, hauloing to the Sidney bakery off of Fair Ave. Lot of trucking activity in that town.

7. luvmyhubby

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    answering 2 questions here....typical run is 15 or 16 days out and 2 off BUT...they do NOT count the day you drive home as a home time day...so actually he gets 2 and a half or 3 days home...just depends on what time he gets here...

Didn't know we had a sister city in OH, we are in MI ....we have a stop sign, and a party store here...but there is a lot of potato hauling around here for the big chip industry.

I am so glad I found this site!.....lots of good info here :D

Have a great day

8. PortlandDriver

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    Glad you are here...

9. Dan

Dan Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Sounds like a good company do they have a web site where I can get some info on them. BMW is one of my customers over here in Germany good company.

10. luvmyhubby

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    As some of you know on December 21st my father in law passed away and hubby was in NH making a delivery. I called his dispatcher and he was on the ball right then,....they offered to fly hubby home if needed, and once he got here they never once pressured him to go back out. Due to the holiday the family didnt have the service until the 26th, hubby went back out on the 28th. BMT for the last year has always done everything they promised in orientation......hats off to those guys!

11. PortlandDriver

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.