BBQ sandwhich with coleslaw inside, an Arkansas thing

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by A Bug, Dec 29, 2017.

1. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    Parked outside of Little Rock at the Morgan Shell truckstop, I-40 exit 142. Across the street is this little restaurant called Barbeque Smoke Shack or something.

I ordered the special which was sandwich, two sides and drink.

Guy at the counter asked if I wanted coleslaw on top of my pulled pork. Sounded absolutely gross and I told him so. He said hey must be from Texas, you got to try it at least once.

So I figured what the hell, turned out the guy was right. I am from Dallas, apparently they get a lot of customers from Texas.

But he was also right about the coleslaw. It was fantastic.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I agree, I was hesitant the first time I tried that combo but boy is it great!!!

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Here on my sandbar we got a place called Pigman's BBQ. They do the same with their BBQ sandwiches, an yes I had the same initial reaction til I tried it. lol.

Now when I go there I always get it on my sandwich. All comes down to the slaw though. I've been to other BBQ joints an the slaw sucks so doesn't taste as good on the sandwich. Glad it's not just me that had the first reaction of.."wtf" an then.."omg this is awesome". lol.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Bacon, gas, or money. Nobody rides for free. - I made that up, unless you saw it on the internet, then I didn't. An I'm far to lazy to go check. So lets just assume I said it shall we? ;)

5. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Think I'd have to pass, don't like coleslaw on its own.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And to think I managed to escape coleslaw behind in Baltimore.

Now that pulled pork, when done right...

stayinback Thanks this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Coleslaw and BBQ go great together at a picnic why not mash it together.I'll have to try it sometime.Also anyone who does a lot of bbqing will feel insulted if you ask for BBQ sauce.

8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Wisconsin is big on doing it that way too. But we also put mayo on EVERYTHING.

Hamburgers, pizza, fruit, everything.

9. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    You can’t get me to eat coleslaw for anything in the world. Put it on a bbq sandwich and I love it. I am from Memphis and a lot of BBQ places there do it like that, Tops BBQ, Toms BBQ which are two of my favorites and then exit 87 BBQ in Jackson Tn all put coleslaw on it. Yesterday at Cracker Barrel, I took the coleslaw cup that came with my hamburger and set it to the side, ain’t eating it plain.

10. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I will eat the #### out if some coleslaw, but only if it’s from KFC. I’m not sure what kind of magic they put in there... it’s the best.

camerabrat Thanks this.
  11. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Are you serious quotes like you has been around for 30 40 years come up with something new

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.