be aware of mgr express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jardel, Aug 31, 2011.

1. jardel

jardel Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2009
    BUFORD,GA
    be aware of this company if you intend to work for them as a driver or owner operator they don't like to return the escrow in time .about the amount you can forget it maybe 10% of it.liars big time they like to steal from the drivers all the time east european practices .the conpany name is mgr express out of summit, il.
    at the beginning they are so nice to you by the time goes by you will notice which way is going.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jordanvic

jordanvic Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2012
    skakopee, mn
    why you not like them? i work for them right now

4. Dalbert

Dalbert Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I am applying with them now, they hold escrow money for Co. Drivers? I thought that was for O/O, but I don't like hearing this already, so thanks for the Look out.

5. mrbreeze03

mrbreeze03 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2013
    'Ole Brook' Mississippi
    Do you still work for mgr? If not, why did you leave? Im thinking about going there. Thanks

6. bigdice

bigdice Bobtail Member

May 2, 2015
    PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU GET ROBBED WITHOUT A GUN! I recently worked for MGR Freight Systems/RD Expedite and this company is mafia owned and full of scandals! I came over from another horrible Midwest company after hearing how green the grass is on the MGR side....and the grass is really sand. 1st: I leased a 2015 Freightliner Cascadia and the very first day the "check engine" lite was on. To attempt to shorten a long story, this leased truck broke down 3 times since January 15, 2015 and before I got a different used 2015 Freightliner Cascdia, I was broke down for a total of 8 weeks, still being charged by MGR/RD Expedited, I had to pay for travel home from Nashville, TN and back when truck was finished, I had to pay for a weeks worth of hotels, food and cabs...no to mention, I had to pay to go pick the truck up. That should've been a red flag, but I was determined to make it work so I gave them another chance and on the very first load from Nashville to Maryland..once I got there in the dock during a crazy snow storm. I sat in the truck freezing while they tried to figure out if it was my fault. They charged me for the service calls and continue to charge me for the hotel (2) nights and the plane ticket back to pick up the truck because I paid for my way home. By the time I got back to MD to pick up the truck I was almost two months behind in rent and other bills like child support. They advanced me $500 once and $100 (50 then 50) and since I been back (3/30) until I quit (4/29), I've grossed over $5k in loads, working harder than their dispatch and I never received a dime of my money. All I was told is I owe the company. And everything I was supposed to owe, I had already paid at lease 4 times. I left broke and penniless and they laughed and dared me to get an attorney. I'm sure I have a case, but I'd rather work to get back on my feet and let God punish these people. I will continue to blog more horror stories about this company so stay tuned. P.s. the employees are powerless up to management and execs and you'll know them when you see them and their fancy Audi(s) and BMW(s). And trust me, they treat the owner operators even worse, but that's another story. I'm willing to disclose more details if you need them. I hope it helps. I just don't want to see another American driver get pimped by this foreign owned company! Enough is enough.

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    <sigh> Another lease story......

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  8. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Just by the look of that outfit one can see they are garbage....yet people still fall for it.

9. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    You leased a truck. Making you responsible for all those things. You're not an employee. You're a contractor. And to top it all off, you stayed there. This is on you, completely.

Riffman Thanks this.
  10. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    15 years experience and you fell for a "lease?" Another thing is why would you sign on to a company in Chicago when you live in TN? MGR Express has had several bad threads on them before here on TTR. Should have done your homework.

11. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Where will you go now ? Please don't do another lease.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.