Careful with sexist behavior, almost got kicked out of CDL class

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by seamutt, Oct 19, 2021.

1. seamutt

seamutt Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2021
    I'm sure this advice goes for the workplace as well. Today I was told that a complaint had been filed against me, that I was NOT going to be informed what the specific allegation was, and that I would be required to sign a statement admitting my guilt and agreeing not to ever speak to any female students at the school again.

So my best guess as to what the issue here was? There's a solitary female student in our class who's constantly complaining about being cold. And I remarked that many woman seem to be wired that way, among them my mother, who constantly keeps her condo broiling at a nearly intolerable 78 degrees. So apparently for this transgression alone I can now, for practical purposes, no longer participate in study or bull sessions with my class, I'm being left out of any drive sessions where this person is present (this will be most of them), and by the end of the day today I found myself standing alone in the yard, apart from everyone else, having become a virtual outcast. I was so happy and challenged to be at this school before, and I was really having fun. But now, after today, all I find myself longing for is this nightmare to be over.

Pamela1990, Magoo1968, jsnell and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. N00bLaLoosh

N00bLaLoosh Road Train Member

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    Don't sign anything, don't admit to anything, it won't help you anyway.

4. seamutt

seamutt Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2021
    If I didn't sign, I was expelled.

Opus Thanks this.
  5. N00bLaLoosh

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    You already signed? For future reference never do that.

6. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    This is really sad… I’ve been in this industry for almost 20 years and have never felt threatened or insulted by anything any of the guys have said… if I didn’t want to hear it, I just smile and walk away… this is just stupid

7. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    By the way: I’m like that too! Lol… wired to be constantly cold… lol… that’s not an insult; our hormones and stuff sometimes make us more sensitive to AC and heating! That’s just a fact! Don’t feel bad..

8. N00bLaLoosh

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    @seamutt Where are you going to school?

Badmon and seamutt Thank this.
  9. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    @seamutt
    You may have to withdraw from the school you are at before any more situations crop up, using one of these two options:
    1)
    Go to another truck driving school and start fresh all over again.
    2) Go to a trucking company and get trained by the company, with the understanding that you will need to work off the training costs by driving for them for a year or so.

Good luck to you. God bless you and your family.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

The absolute sheer driving force of our national economy - without truck drivers, our entire national economy would come to an absolute standstill - if not outright be dead.
    [​IMG]
    Over the mountains, through the woods, into the valleys, coast to coast, from sea to shining sea - truck drivers can and do go anywhere and everywhere, every day, every night, all year round.

GESchaefer and seamutt Thank this.
  10. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    @seamutt
    What truck driving school are you at, where is it located? Also, what state are you from or currently living in? Perhaps some of forum members can offer you some really good advice.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

The absolute sheer driving force of our national economy - without truck drivers, our entire national economy would come to an absolute standstill - if not outright be dead.
    [​IMG]
    Over the mountains, through the woods, into the valleys, coast to coast, from sea to shining sea - truck drivers can and do go anywhere and everywhere, every day, every night, all year round.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    seamutt and N00bLaLoosh Thank this.
  11. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Best to keep mouth shut and not talk to people. Now a days a dude or what looks like a dude might claim the same crap.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.