Be careful in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by LoneRanger, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Some circumstances should be different, I can see good, had to get glasses so i could read the small print on contracts.
    Even at DMV they put that writhing little bitty in that box.
    when i got glasses the dmv “forgot” to turn on writings in the box, because lady was running around with the eye doctor in town.

So, this was before being known, but i can drive/back/do safety functions except reading a map without glasses.
    So why have must have corrected lenses to operate the vehicle and, how do they know, i need to have them on when i go by?

Spies.

But yet i passed a guy in a semi the other day on i44 with his left leg hung out the window.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    There’s some companies out there that are now contracting out their camera systems to entities in India that will watch the cameras for pennies a day. They hire these women via a new service and they literally loop through the cameras and watch everything, report to the company when they see something unsafe.
    As a CEO of a company that I worked for years ago told me, if you watch any employee 24 hours a day and seven days a week you’ll find reasons to fire them. Even your best employees. It’s just human nature in the way it is. This wasn’t even a truck driving company. They were thinking about installing cameras in different places and he opted out of it.

4. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    This camera is AT the scale ?
    Y’all just now figured out that the scales have lots of cameras ?

And how is this different from the clerk just looking out the window at the trucks slowing rolling over the scale ?

The corrective lens ticket is gonna be a fun one . I smell a lawsuit .
    I wear contact lenses , does the camera pick that up ?

flood Thanks this.
  5. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Well if they stop you for something and when checking you license saids "corrective lenses" and they don't see glasses in the pic their going to ask..

6. Blue jeans

Blue jeans Bobtail Member

In my experience, they're not too easy to be noticed from even a couple inches away. No way to spot it with a camera.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.