Be careful with Silvicom Inc & Silvicom Logistic, melrose park IL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Dsales100, Jan 3, 2014.

1. kelvindriveus

kelvindriveus Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2020
    me too bro , i work for this company and they are really strict with logs, they actually fired me for running on out of hours for couple of times and it was only like 5 minutes each and they held my money back , so i dont know what this guy is talking about

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kelvindriveus

kelvindriveus Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2020

I guess this post or complain of yours is like 8 years ago, well i work for silvicom and i most tell you they have change totally and for your information i am not a Russian or from eastern Europe, i believe every company out there got their own issue , but trust me silvicom is great and doing great with Logs and safety, i always pass my Dot inspection all the time and they pay for passing dot inspection...

4. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    They fired you and you pass inspections.

deathB4decaf and mjd4277 Thank this.
  5. ChicagoTrucker!

ChicagoTrucker! Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2020
    Thank you for having the courage to walk away . What a lot of people don't realize is that it's a very difficult to walk away from the company . In most insanely holding driver pay check hostage. When you first start working they will hold the first check.
    Pay on 2nd week after they debect whatever amount of money they want . In most instant they will charge driver for escrow, for insurance,for tolls. by the time you leaving the company they hold much of driver money that driver would rather stick around for another week until pay day. The company know this they will screw with your pay every week.

6. artek

artek Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2016
    NJ
    Forum should have sticky thread.

"NEVER EVER WORK FOR CHICAGO FOREIGNER CARRIERS. ESPECIALLY AS 1099 "EMPLOYEE"."

Would help prevent most of the bad experiences posted.

7. Nomadik

Nomadik Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2020
    2 things I learned while driving. Foreign employers will take any money from your check when they get a chance. 2. Cover your own ### and stay away from Chicago Serbian/russian trucking companies.

Dennixx and JonJon78 Thank this.
  8. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    I checked their SAFER page.

1060 driver inspections and only 1% out of service. National average is 5%. It's obvious they are doctoring their logs.

23 crashes in 2 years with only 90 trucks? Hmmm..1 out of 4 trucks has an accident.

Most likely they are getting the #### sued out of them on all fronts. Maybe it's time for an address or name change...

9. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Thank you.

They are probably into other things as well such as identity theft, money laundering, extortion and human trafficking.

And imagine, applicants give these people all their sensitive info including bank acct numbers!

10. jmluke1

jmluke1 Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Probably the only way he could make .50cpm as an O/O.

11. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
  12. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    What was you first clue?

Was it this?
    "I AVG 4-5 thousand miles a week. 3 weeks on the road/1 week home. Sometimes I stayed more than 3 weeks because my paychecks were usually 1,800-2,200."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.