Be Free of Truck Stop Showers

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Last Time Around, May 31, 2019.

1. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    1. I see lots of motels with truck parking. Almost daily.
    2. Rarely. I ran out Fri night at a shipper and after tarping I simply pc'ed to the truck stop.
    3. Absolutely. Texas in the summer makes for a sweaty mess.
    4. Nope. I fuel pretty much every day, at wherever my fuel card gives me the cheapest price and I always fuel 75-100 gallons.
    5. Wat?
    6. Nope, flip flops are your friend.
    7. Nope. Never waited more than 20min that I can remember.
    8. No, my skin isn't fragile.
    9. All the time.
    10. I try to always be prepared for the unexpected, no I dont sit for days anywhere in a truck. I know how to unhook and secure my trailer and drive myself to somewhere that has facilities.

Bottom line, I have a 5 gallon jug of water with a spout in my truck. I can sit it on the trailer and soak down a wash rag, wipe myself down and use a cheap body wasy. If I dont feel like doing all that, I have Dude wipes that'll clean me enough that I can sleep and get showered the next day. Im not out there to impress anyone with how clean I am or how good I smell when Im working.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I’ve done some improvements on the bucket method by creating a small structure out of PVC pipe to hang the curtains on. I saw some old YouTube video about some portable shower. I’ll be using mine inside my truck. I had to do some calculations to find out the dimensions of the structure.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.