Be Free of Truck Stop Showers

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Last Time Around, May 31, 2019.

1. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    it's a good staff for emergency cleaning. Lets say after putting a tarp in summertime far away from truckstop.

icecold24k and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

You can’t go wrong with a 5 gallon bucket. I also carry a 5 gallon bottle, which is where I store the water. I initially thought this method was a joke, but not anymore.

D.Tibbitt and mhyn Thank this.
  4. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    Today is my 8th day that I am out of home and my 5 gallon container is empty

5gallon.jpg

D.Tibbitt and PE_T Thank this.
  5. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

So you’ve done it too? What is your setup? I just followed what some guy was doing on YouTube, but mine is even more basic. I’m not going to spend $250 on some water heater/water pressurizer. I used an electric kettle. It’s amazing how everyone, including myself, thinks showering inside the truck is impractical, but is in fact very simple. I don’t know what took me so long.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    I don't have setup . I put it under sun. then I put hot water in bucket , I just wash my head and arms..

PE_T Thanks this.
  7. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I took a full shower today. You will need shower curtains and a large container to collect the water. There are a few other things involved but nothing complicated.

mhyn Thanks this.
  8. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    That's a lot of clutter to keep in the truck. You must fuel at lots of different truckstops preventing you from getting the daily showers on your rewards card?

D.Tibbitt, mustang190 and PE_T Thank this.
  9. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Space isn’t a problem at all. Maybe if you drive a Kenworth T660 it could be a bit of a problem. The things needed for the bucket method should not take more space than a mini fridge. I use the top bunk for storage.

I’ve been fueling at TA/Petro exclusively for a few months, and as no surprise, daily showers are not possible ever since they changed their rewards program in 2019. I gave them a try. Now with the bucket method, I will be fueling at the cheapest truck stops, and I should have more showers available this way. Speedway was like the only truck stop chain that does not have showers, but NASTC got rid of them this month, September.

My plan is still to shower at truck stops, but it’s nice to have the ability to take a real shower anywhere as long as you have water, of course.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Grab a bucket, sponge flip flops and a big beach towel or two. Drive into a roaring rainstorm.

We did keep wipes and other things to get clean inside the truck. No issues. We also disinfected the interior of the entire cab and sleeper using 10% bleach and pine sol etc. weekly or twice weekly. It also helps when you open the door to a pristine clean tractor cab when DOT wants your papers. Usually it's a inch of cigrette dust everywhere and mold.

=)

mustang190 and PE_T Thank this.
  11. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Do you guys drive electric trucks? I thought you got a shower with a fuel fill up??
    If not, ever hear of a motel??

D.Tibbitt, ncmickey and JonJon78 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.