Becoming a gas jobber for gas station

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Boilerdude, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Boilerdude

Boilerdude Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Hey sorry but new to this. So was wondering how much gas per gallon it will cost me to haul my own gas from the refinery. Means i want to get my own truck and haul it myself to my own 6 gas stations from the refineries. So basically how much on the rack price will i save?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Probably best to get ahold of someone at the local distribution rack and ask them.

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Can't see how this would be cost effective. What with insurance, truck payments, maintenance, etc... For only 6 stations it sounds like a loosing deal to me.

lilillill Thanks this.
  5. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    That’s what I was thinking too. I worked for a Shell station back in the mid eighties. It was a game of pennies and Shell dictated the pump price. I remember the station owner having a lively conversation with the Shell rep about pump price when an Admiral station moved in across the street. They were undercutting our price by almost ten cents a gallon.

6. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    As far as how much the Gas will cost... nothing.. considering your truck runs on Diesel... Probably means miles per gallon... a gallon of gas is a gallon of gas.

7. Drake.r

Drake.r Light Load Member

May 15, 2015
    Get opus for your rack price
    Get your truck and trailer
    Get your trailers VKIP inspection
    Get your own authority
    Get your 5 million liability insurance
    Get your 250k cargo insurance
    Get your EPA insurance
    Get your federal hazmat permit
    Get your state hazmat permit
    Get your state fuel transporter permit

If your transporting across state lines ie Louisville KY to Dayton OH then you’ll need state tax exemption and special fuel license

Depends on how close to the refinery your stations are and how many loads a day can you stuff into your tanks

1-15 miles the general freight is gonna be 1.5- 2 cents per gallon and you can square it from there

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I think he's refering to hauling gasoline to his own gas stations to sell it, rather than paying someone to haul the gasoline to the stations for him. He wants to see if the distributor will sell the gas to him at a lower cost per gallon if he hauls it there himself.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.