Been driving for 3 years and today 2 incidents

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Fenard, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenard

Fenard Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    In the hiring process.

What is a Minnie dent? Why did you name the dent after Mickey's girlfriend?

4. Fenard

Fenard Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Would it prevent me from getting hired

5. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    Whatever picture you posted looks like normal wear and tear. I doubt he had to report it. Can it affect future job opportunities? Maybe. Depends on your company...

6. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    How did yoi brake the trlers legs?

7. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Just a couple of Goofy mistakes.

frizzbees Thanks this.
  8. Fenard

Fenard Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Being neglectful broke the leg of a trailer.. and then lest that 5 hours later i hit the back of some guys trailer doing under 5 miles .. and yes dude was just a dick but luckily he didnt call the cops

9. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Well jusy wait a few more hours and back into him again. While he sleeping. Than pull your shades and pretend your sleeping.

10. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Ya know, the good thing about backing into someone in a truck stop, if you hit them trailer to trailer in the back, that's all reinforced back there and won't hurt a thing. There will be no evidence you hit him. Just pull forward and deny it. If he says you hit him, say prove it. Without damage, there is no impact. That way you can knock the jerk out of his bunk without damaging his truck.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive broke stuff bigger than that. There are times a long one way profane lace yelling stacked with a variety of punitive punishments including firing.

Ive had my entire front end of my tractor ripped clean off in the truckstop one early morning before sunrise. I rode that in the sleeper. Rang my bell enough that I needed a time to stop the eagles from flying around my vision. That was about as long as Pam managed to get away clean without me getting it's tractor trailer unit number and so on.

I have watched another Pam destroy landscaping and destroy three trees, bushes and curbing along with quite a bit of sod installed grass at my gas station. ANY trucker with eyes know that particular entrance wont fit a 18 wheeler. We had a special entrance in the back for any 18 wheeler to come in to get fuel. (And they do) THAT particular pam turned out to be a older gentleman 2 weeks out of training and 4 from school. He cried a little bit begging me not to turn him in.

What Am I supposed to do? Tell my boss who knew me and my family all my life that several thousands of dollars of station landscaping was destroyed by capser the ghost? Sorry, it does not work that way.

I actually got trapped once in a Home Depot store, destroyed over 10,000 dollars in inventory trying to get out. I sent that problem to insurance. Came back the following day to complete delivery of all things. The manager had a army of staff outside to corrall and properly manage the traffic so we could deliver, paperwork and leave without breaking stuff. (The day before the manager could not be bothered to come out of his ivory tower... that is one reason we destroyed his inventory trying to get out.)

The good news is from that day forward any truck delivering to him he will come running outside with 20 staff workers to deal with that truck.

What I am trying to say is this.

I feel disappointed in the new generation that cannot or will not stand up to incidents or accidents without a total and abject utter fear that they will be fired, billed, sued, made homeless and then tortured on the rack for this.. this... outrageously bad violation such as a little dent or boo boo.

In my day it's mirriors the old west coast ones. 20 bucks for a new one. I learned how to back by breaking those mirrors in the dark rows of truckstops. Trucker comes out of the sleeper. HEY YOU MY MIRRIOR. PAY ME.

20 dollars, new mirrior installed and sometimes a early breakfast bought and paid too.

I hate to think what mirriors would cost today what with the heaters, cameras and all the fancy frou frou tech inside of them. Probably 1000 dollars.

Since they don't print 1000 dollar bills I have to buy a huge chain drive wallet to hold a stack of 100 dollar bills. When I learned to back without breaking mirriors or paying in cash etc. Then my education is complete.

ichudov and negativecold13 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.