Been driving for 3 years and today 2 incidents

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Fenard, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    You dont have to admit you were wrong, we already noticed it. You made us laugh though.

SAR Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Nope I wasn't wrong at all. I even quoted an old thread for this very forum to show that I was right. Then I showed where a truck hit another truck at a Loves truck stop and he got arrested for leaving the scene of an accident. If it wasn't a legit accident on public property, how could he be arrested?

A truck stop is public property because the public is allowed access (for purposes of accident reporting). That's not up for dispute, call ANY cop ANYWHERE and he will tell you the same thing. Funny, I'm the only one in this thread that has dealt PERSONALLY with a cop for this exact reason and he said truck stops are public property, yet idiots here will argue and say they know more than an actual cop does. Yea.....keep acting like that and see who looks like an idiot.

Funny how people say someone who hasn't quoted a single source is "right" but someone who has linked multiple times to sources is "wrong."

LOL I guess education isn't the strong point of some in the trucking community. LOL

4. snowman_w900

Nov 25, 2010
    Truckstops are not owned by the tax payers....

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    SAR and stwik Thank this.
  5. BrandonCDLdriver

Sep 1, 2017
    I have personal experience with this and was trying to help. Believe what the #### you want. I couldn't care less. I know that Ozark is currently filing a 6000 dollar claim against the company that backed into my truck at a Loves truck stop based on the police report that was filed.

I've never called someone a name or attacked them personally on this forum or any forum without provocation. I disagree in a mature manner. Just read the thread and see who attacked who first. In fact I was attacked by someone I hadn't even quoted or spoken directly to.

I've read some stupid #### on this forum but I've NEVER told any member that something they posted was the "stupidest thing" I'd ever heard or that it was "stupid" at all. NEVER.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  6. snowman_w900

Nov 25, 2010
    First off, quoting something from "this very forum" doesn't make it true. Are you telling people you're a French Model also?

Second, you're the one that advised a guy in the event that he accidentally backs into someone to "just pull up and deny it".....hmmm now who looks stupid. I bet I know what 99% of the guys here would say.

Third, you do realize that laws, jurisdictions, state, federal and city rules and regs differ throughout the United States, or dont you?

I'm guessing prolly not. Your incompetence showed though in fine style when you told a guy to hit and run, and then lie about it. Maybe you should go back to work at Burger King and let the professionals handle the big boy stuff.

SAR and johndeere4020 Thank this.
  7. snowman_w900

Nov 25, 2010
    So dont be so butthurt then.

SAR and johndeere4020 Thank this.
  8. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    I was just pointing out that we had a respected member banned for calling someone an idiot. The person you responded to didn’t call you stupid he said your statement is stupid, big difference.

Now as far as private vs public property you’re wrong, just because the public had access doesn’t make it public. Posting a link from a forum is not proof. There are certain things that are illegal in private property, murder, theft, wreckless endangerment etc. just because some small town cop (or a big city one for that matter) told you something doesn’t make it law, I proved plenty of them wrong. They may come and provide insight and maybe even assess who was a fault but that could be easily overridden.

SAR and snowman_w900 Thank this.
  9. BrandonCDLdriver

Sep 1, 2017
    It still doesn't matter. It was a personal attack. I was directly quoted and then told that what I said was the "stupidest" thing they'd ever read. That's a direct attack on a member. I've never done CLOSE to that with anyone on this forum. That member then has a right to respond to that attack unless the forum is biased towards one member over another.

In a civil liability claim (that's all property damage is without intention to damage) you would have a hard time finding a small claims court judge who would throw out a police report because the damage happened at a truck stop and not on a street. Or even a larger claims court (I forgot what those are called but they're not limited at like 5000 dollars like small claims are) no judge will throw out a police report. Why? Police are trained to determine fault, you're not. I'm probably one of the only members who has had two civil claims, and won them both out of court. One with a lawyer, one without. I know what I'm talking about. I've dealt with this before. I've won over 15000 dollars between the two cases.

Now no rule says you HAVE to get the cops involved. If you take decent pictures and have a witness or two that should be adequate. But most companies want a police report. I know Ozark did. And they fussed at me when the cop said "Just call the precinct in a couple of days and we'll have a police report number for you." Ozark wanted a report number on the spot and that cop didn't have one. He said it was not generated until the report was put into the computer. But if a company owned vehicle is one or both of the vehicles involved, I highly recommend getting a police report. Without one, the liable party may want to drag it into court. If John Smith Backs into Suzie Q's SUV in the Wal Mart parking lot and pics are taken and he admits fault and agrees to pay then maybe you don't need the police report. But John Smith can always claim he never said that and that Suzie backed into him. Without the report it's he said/she said. Just watch a few episodes of "The people's court" and see how often the judge (a binding arbitrator but its the same idea) asks to see a police report and when the plaintiff doesn't have one it always becomes he said/she said and without other substantial proof the plaintiff loses their case. Remember in every case. the burden of proof is on the plaintiff. That means without substantial proof you will lose your case.

One thing that being on private property effects is getting a ticket. A cop won't issue a ticket for an accident on private property but that doesn't mean they can't determine fault (for civil claims purposes) if they are called to the scene.

10. snowman_w900

Nov 25, 2010
    LOL, dude stop whining. just stop... That's not what TTR was made for. Plus you want people to do hit and runs and then lie about it. To me, that's piss poor judgment. Therefore, nothing you say from that point forward is not gonna be credible. I stand by my statement, that was an extremely stupid statement you made here.

You've veered so far from what OP came here to ask. All I basically said was that truckstops are NOT public property, AND a cop cant do squat around my area on private property unless the act was malicious or criminal.

A cop cant come on your property and write you a stop sign ticket if you blow past the little decorative stop sign you have mounted on your garage. Sure Insurance companies like a police report for witness info or documentation IF possible, but in some counties, cop wont even waste his time with certain property damage because it turns into a CIVIL matter. NOT criminal, NOT traffic.

Tax payers do not own the truckstop. They are PRIVATE BUSINESSES!

SAR Thanks this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That’ll be quite enough of this.

beastr123 and PoleCrusher Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.