Beeping Noise that only stops when the parking brake is applied

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Freshbait trucker, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Freshbait trucker

Freshbait trucker Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2019
    I have a 2019 Cascadia ,I start the engine and released the parking brake suddenly I hear this beeping noise and it continues . If I set the parking brake it quite down . No indications or lights are shown on the desk. What Could It Be

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    BEEEP BEEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEP

So annoying. They started doing that in construction a few decades ago. Might as well stab ice picks in my head.

I actually refuse to drive a truck with a beep box. (Come to think on it, this old codger refuses anything and everything.. sheesh)

Now if you aint got a beep box on your frame for backing up and the noises are inside your cab? I cannot help you, frankly I am more disturbed because it's possible a company can turn the interior of your truck cab into a living alarm box with a tone, beep, howl, bell and vocal warnings for hundreds of things in there. It's ridiculous.

/rant.

All my life I only hear one alarm and that is usually a BIG Boss on my dock going WHOA *&^%! IT!!! WHOA....

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. Freshbait trucker

Apr 11, 2019
    Thanks ,Its not the reverse beeping ts on inside of the cab

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok that would be even worse.

I cannot tell you what it is. Companies have turned tractors into hamster wheels of micromanagement.

Ask your company's Operations Manager for clarification. There are any number of sounds that can be triggered.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Building up air?

speedyk Thanks this.
  7. SoCalRed

SoCalRed Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    CA
    If you open the door and the parking brake is not on it will beep (not sure if all trucks are like that).
    So check the switch on the door it should be the same as the lights.

8. Working2party

Working2party Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Kansas
    Your cascadia has a computer called the SAM cab controller. I’ve read on here that basicly it controls everything in the cab and I’m not familiar with it, Other than it’s nice when it works. It sounds like your getting a reminder that you’ve forgotten something.

In the 70’s a buzzer or other noise ment you where low on air. The 80’s you where low on air, oil pressure, high temp. 90’s they added a beep that said you where backing up. 00’s they added smarter buzzers for door open and lights still on or park brakes still release. (Don’t hold me to these dates, this is really describing the assent off the truck buzzer)

Now with the SAM cab that reminder beep could be that you left the dome light on in the sleeper, or your passenger door isn’t shut all the way, you forgot to wipe at the last stop....

So basicly check everything, turn off what’s needed, make sure all your compartment doors are closed, and if all else fails you’ll have to have it plugged into so they can use a computer to figure out what has your trucks computer all pissed off.....

KB3MMX, Freshbait trucker and bzinger Thank this.
  9. Freshbait trucker

Apr 11, 2019

10. Freshbait trucker

Apr 11, 2019
    This might be , Ive been opening and shutting everything I thought it could be

11. Freshbait trucker

Apr 11, 2019
    No after, during air builds up. Then It Continues until you set the parking brakes

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.