Best attempt at "polishing a turd" I've ever seen...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Voyager1968, Jan 14, 2020.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    when i delivered car parts, we just called them cages..and yeah...watch yer fingers..!!!!

tscottme and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    I havent been a company driver since about 1992-94. But if I was I'd consider this job.
    Let's see the reasons I see people hate it are.
    1) Its new England or north east.---- So what! Once you learn your way around and except for NYC and ct close to the city. It ain't half as bad as guys make it sound.
    2) touch freight--- So what, it's on wheels and the rest in light boxes. Of course after being a mover for almost 30 years. Work doesnt scare me and I can and do run circles around 20-30 year olders.
    3) Tight parking lots--- So what learn how to drive and deal with it. Of course after being a mover for almost 30 years. Driving on residential streets, in and out of apartment complexes. Picking up and delivering in, down town in #### near every major city in 48 states. Small, tight parking lots and streets are just part of the job.
    4) Receiving area is a mess or not a lot of room.---So what deal with it. Of course after being a mover for almost 30 years. Dealing with a messy nasty house. Or not enough room moving someone from a 3000 square home to a 2 bed room apt. Ain't no big deal
    5) The lady at the store is mean---- So what dont take no ####! After being a mover for almost 30 years. I have dealt with every kind of person there is. Lady you decide, we can be best friends or worse enemies. You wanna be a jerk, I'll show you what a real ####### is.

So to me! It sounds like if your scared of work, and just wanna sit on your ### and get fat. This is not the job for you.
    But if you dont mind showing off your excellent driving skills. Arent afraid of a little manuel labor, and no how to deal with people and hustle. You can make pretty good money.
    So if you need a bigger home, got a new baby, mama wants a new car, and/ or your saving for jr's college. Sounds like a good gig, almost Owner op money but with employee benefits
    But that's just my thoughts. What do I no? I'm an old #### man with almost 30 years in the moving business. Been there, done that, got the t shirt, wore it washed it threw it away when it got holes.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    TripleSix Thanks this.
  4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Why haven't all of their Dispatchers gotten their CDL and left the wife and kids already?

5. olddog_newtricks

olddog_newtricks Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2018
    There are plenty of newbies who will deliver that garbage. They need some where to start. If they would start loading shipping containers and send them on a rollback truck , they would be able to keep people . Just pull in raise the bed unload that container and leave. Call us when it's empty!

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    All it usually takes is one idiot parked in the wrong place, kind of like car dealers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.