Best CDL school/company in Texas

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JamesInHouston, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Knowing what I now know (after driving 2+ years, pulling both dry van & tanker)...if I had it to do over again...& lived in TX...I would probably go with Chinatown's suggestion--& start out with Western Dairy Transport.

Otherwise--pulling reefer (I've done some of that, too) can offer good money, but BEWARE--you will most definitely earn it. There's really no set schedule with most reefer--delivery times are all over the clock, so your body does not get to keep a regular rhythm/schedule, for good sleep. It will wear you down. In reefer, many shippers/receivers treat you almost like a stray animal, too. There--you have been WARNED. :(

--Lual

4. TexasKGB

TexasKGB Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green
    Just don't get square toes. That'll get you attention you don't want at truck stops.

5. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    What attention do square toe cowboy boots get??? BTW I don't have any cowboy boots either. Haven't had a pair since I was a little kid.

6. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Can I assume you're NOT interested in a school such as San Jacinto College Truck Driving School

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.