Best companies for the new CDL A holder?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Umbrellaman, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Umbrellaman

Umbrellaman Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2018
    Florida
    Just now earned my CDL A. So now I have to make a decision. Go with CRST for 10 months or pay the school that helped me get here? If, I go with the latter, which company would be best for solo southeast region driving? Is it even probable that an offer of employment would be made for an FNG, like me? And, one last question: If applying for a position through the "driver pulse" app, would CRST or other companies now that I have applied and do these companies share that information?

Thanks for the heads up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Did you pay for and obtain your CDL independently, or through CRST, with an obligation to work for them?

4. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Driverpulse doesn't share your information.

I would avoid CRST like the plague. I was offered more during training with Ozark than running teams with CRST.

Pay for your own CDL school and apply that way. I'd avoid Swift, Schnneeeider, Werner, JB Suck, I mean Hunt. CR England I'm not sure about, Knight is ok but lower pay. I took the Ozark offer and am making 44cpm one year in.

5. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
  6. BrandonCDLdriver

Sep 1, 2017
    ####ing New Guy

7. Umbrellaman

Jun 14, 2018
    Florida
    Fπ÷×ing New Guy

8. Umbrellaman

Jun 14, 2018
    Florida

9. Umbrellaman

Jun 14, 2018
    Florida
    Through CRST. But I can afford to pay them off. No employment contract has been signed, only an agreement that they would pay the school if, I work for them for 10 months.

10. BrandonCDLdriver

Sep 1, 2017
    Um....isn't that an employment contract?

11. Umbrellaman

Jun 14, 2018
    Florida
    No. With CRST, there are two documents. The first one is a an agreement that CRST will pay for the school on the condition THAT "IF, AFTER SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING SCHOOL, CRST MAY OFFER AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT THAT WILL PAY THE TUITION AND......, IF STUDENT ENTERS INTO AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT OF 10 MONTHS...." So, basically it says CRST will pay your cost of attending school if you agree to a 10 month employment contract with them. Otherwise you pay the school out if your own pocket and must reimburse CRST for any cost incurred in getting you to and from school.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.