Best company for lease purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by jrf7, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Trucker61

Trucker61 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2016
    Who is the company in savanah

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    As a company driver, aren't you just leasing the company? i mean, if you really think about it...they keep the majority of the profit and you get a aycheck...doesn't mean its a good paycheck regardless of what you make if you knew the real ownership side of the truck. Making .45 cpm sounds great until you fnd out the company is making $2.00 a mile plus FSC on your efforts. If that info got out, people would be screaming that being a company driver is a fleece too, right LOL

4. anotherjoe

anotherjoe Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Yea companies keep alot of the Paid FSC as well. Heavy loads pay higher FSC for most part. But your only getting DOE avg.
    I always said if the company your leasing to cant afford to pull a load for x per mile what makes you think i can.
    As a o/o that completed a lease. I seen freight direct from shipper to customer that pays 3 4 5 a mile after they take there 30%. You will never see that on a lease. So if you are fortunate to complete 1 find a shipper to work for. Your income will double easily. Thats my experience.
    leasing is a stepping stone and a learning experience. Learn and move up

j and j trucking and dwightwhite1 Thank this.
  5. jamesjohnson

jamesjohnson Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2014
    los angeles

And thats the honest to gods truth...

6. jamesjohnson

jamesjohnson Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2014
    los angeles

I totally agree homie

7. Kevin33go20

Kevin33go20 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Does anyone know if Western Express has a good lease purchase program.

8. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    FRDR SAID:
    Not claiming to be an expert.

The cards are stacked against you. Think about it. You have no say over your income. They control everything, including how many miles you get. Are they paying all the waiting time at the docks? Layover?

It is a one-sided deal in the company's favor. Why put money into a truck that isn't yours?

It sounds like your mind is already made up. Good luck.

If you do pull the trigger, make sure its a walk-a-way lease. That way if it doesn't work out, you won't lose your shirt.(END)

Is your broker paying for your layover time, your miles to the next pickup????? My company does, and the truck is mine in 6 more payments. I am leaving from my home in Wilmington NC and going to Marion NC (5 1/2 hours away), then to Orlando FL, all miles PAID plus fuel surcharge. Sure my rate might not be as good as yours, but I am not driving for FREE. Also if there is only cheap freight freight coming back, I still get paid the same rate, and I don't have to sit and wait for the High dollar load. Seems like you are the one wasting time

9. SouthernShaker2

SouthernShaker2 Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Flowery Branch, Ga.
    Both leasing from a trucking company and being a company driver for that matter you're being screwed from the start... I drove for a company in Minnesota. And really did successfully well as far as profiting I made $1300 to $1800 bring home after everything cleared on a crappy lease of paying 75℅ fsc at .90 per mile...but had a fuel efficiency of 9.2 mpg also....the problem wasn't making the runs or money but the miles being cut from me right before I had the truck almost paid off....so yeah the odds are stacked against you if you go company..they want you to fail...go independent, get authority, save phone numbers from brokers, buy your own insurance, and Most importantly its best to save about $15000 up and keep it there in your bank and forget running for these silly big carriers that'll supposedly treat you like family and just like any family member..stab you in the back when you're not looking..but when you do buy a truck....your biggest key is fuel efficiency..its the make or break deal in trucking..and budget your time..

Solo_Seat Thanks this.
  10. Trucker182

Trucker182 Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2016
    It's good to be cautious. But be realistic also. I have not seen any lease purchase program charging $900/weekly for a lease, not even on the newest trucks. Cost usually hovers around a little more than $800. This cost includes a slush fund for maintenance and escro. Actual truck payment would be around $650/weekly. Also, if your lease payment is that high, it will be a newer truck, meaning higher fuel mileage, between 7 and 8 mpg. With the newer trucks 7.0 mpg is realisticly cautious. You'll probably get more, unless you run only east coast. If you're OTR, 7.5 mpg is more likely a good number to go off of. Even then, it is probable you'll get more. $3/gallon for fuel is also unreasonable, especially when you consider purchase power most companies offer. Anywhere from 10 to 40 cent/gallon discounts in fuel add up. $3/gallon is on the high end for fuel without considering these discounts. Also, its important to plan your runs to fuel at the best locations. If you're headed from the midwest to the east, fill up in the midwest and if fuel is needed in the east find the lowest cost on your route and fill only the amount needed to get to the next best fuel location. Add a few extra gallons if you'd like to be safe. Point being: your calculations are way off. Routine maintenance is taken care of out of your slush fund. Fuel for 2500 miles is way less than your math would suggest. Even if you calculate, $1000 dollars in fuel expense for 2500 miles, which I might add is still high; in your calculations $500/weekly is left on the table. Not to mention, routine maintenance costs taken care of through your weekly truck payment. If it's a newer truck, you wont dip into your maintenance fund for some time, so the weekly deduction will have time to accumulate. Also, newer trucks will have warranties for major issues. Most likely, you wont come out of your pocket for maintenence. If you do, it wont be much. Sure, there are other expenses, various insurances and the like. Taxes as a business owner are higher also. Not saying lease purchase is the best way or for everyone. But paint an accurate picture.

11. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    You are forgetting road tax you must buy fuel In every state you run ones per month are pay up I did that what you are saying to do and it cost me you ready 1900 in tax for 3 quarter I don't want no other driver go through that heads up

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.