Best company(s) to drive for out of Salt Lake City

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by mwehrle, Feb 24, 2018.

1. mwehrle

mwehrle Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2018
    Ogden, Utah
    I'm new and don't have my CDL. Looking for a good place to start to get my initial 2 years of experience.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Does Old Dominion have a terminal there?

4. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Doesnt pride run out of salt lake? There are good companies outside of utah that are worth talking to.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You will want to be very careful about Salt Lake City.

We are NOT mistreated when there (Dispatch office via FFE..) but it is more than clear to both of us that were outsiders to that particular city and it's people, just like they were once outsiders in the midwest (Not part of our family history...)

It is no problem to proceed to other states in a few hours to load or unload etc.

Again, it's NOT a bad place, but drugs and other stress on their secretive society and way of faith has been corroding quite a bit these last 20 years or so. So they are in a way fighting a war all over again for their way of life.

If you cannot stand to deal with Religion in all it's forms in SLC. Don't even go there.

6. Streetroddreams

Streetroddreams Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2017
    North Central Missouri
    My ex brother in law talked like old dum onions was the worst trucking company on the planet,he doesn't take a lot of crap from anyone but he's been there like 10 years...yupp they really suck. Lol

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How true. I've met dozens of drivers like that. One place I worked, the driver that complained constantly, no matter where you saw him, had been working there for 32 years.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Prime Inc. has their own cdl school right there in Salt Lake City.
    [​IMG]
    Insist on a full size truck though. Don't settle for the Eco truck because they have no storage space. If you want a refrigerator you must remove the passenger seat. Tell them you don't want an Eco truck.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  9. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Prime, first ones to leave, last ones to arrive lol.

If you have good credit, pay for school yourself, these companies screw you with a high dollar contract and rushed training. Find a good independent school. Also, your state might pay for the schooling. I know my state does.

10. mwehrle

mwehrle Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2018
    Ogden, Utah
    Yes they do. I have an interview with them on Tuesday for a Dock to Driver program.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.