Best "company sponsored training program"/"company sponsored truck driving school"?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by J.D.W., Apr 30, 2010.

1. gingersquatch

gingersquatch Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I couldn't tell you dragonfly. I'm still in the school. Everyone I talk to says that since I live in PA about 20 miles off of I80, I'm going to spend a LOT of time running back and forth across it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckermetz

truckermetz Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2014
    You are a little misinformed on other companies and their policies. Not only did my husband go through school at Swift but he is a trainer (mentor as Swift calls them). He never had 5 people in the same truck, there was classroom work as well as real life driving (while in their school) As a mentor, he doesn't decide when the students test out, they automatically do their road test once they have completed the 240hrs of training. The first 50 hours is mandated that the trainer be in the passenger seat and after that it's up to the trainer whether to run as a team or not and my husband has had students who weren't ready for "team" driving so he didn't do it. Whether that newbie passes the test and gets their own truck or fails and has to go back out for another 50hrs is up to how the newbie does on the test. They pay all miles empty or loaded, get bonuses, and there is a sliding scale but always assume you are going to get paid the lowest pay and then when you drive less, you get a welcome surprise. There is no mandatory commitment to stay there after school either. If you choose to leave, you can but have to pay back the loan in full instead of over time. If you stay past the loan payback period, they start reimbursing you for your schooling each week.

4. jakobtritten

jakobtritten Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Hello Plenz3. I just signed up to this forum so i could PM you and now they say i can't PM anyone until i have 7 posts. Is it possible for you to PM me with an email address or some other way for me to reach you? I don't want to post here on this thread everything i'd like to PM to you. Thanks, Plenz3. I appreciate your time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.