Best Delivery You Ever Had

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by FearTheCorn, Feb 24, 2021.

1. FearTheCorn

FearTheCorn Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Omaha
    I remember a few years ago, I had a delivery to some medical supply outfit. I pull reefer, but it was a dry load with bandages, and stuff like that. It was only about 9 pallets, and I was told I would have to pull them off and restack them, but would get lumper pay for it. Okay. I get to my delivery, and the dock working folks were so paranoid a retarded truck driver would screw up the unloading, that they did it themselves. For 1 hour on line 4, I got paid $350.00 while watching them do all the work. That was sweet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    many years ago, i had a special load, from Texas Instruments, when they were in MA.

it was ONE pallet, and only ONE piece, shrink wrapped to the pallet. the pallet weighed more than that one piece.

had to take it someplace in PA.

just a best delivery for me. got my miles, and from there, was deadheaded down to the company HQ in Richmond, VA.

i sure do hope, that ONE pallet paid enough for an entire 53 foot trailer, as it could have gone "next day" Fed Ex.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Reason for edit: spelling
  4. heyns57

heyns57 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2006
    near Kalamazoo Speedway
    I had a load of canned goods to a Federal narcotics prison. I was told that I would have to help unload. We put the cases on conveyors. This was a co-ed prison. I watched the couples go off hand in hand to their garden plots. Half way through the unloading we took a break. They brought out coffee, and donuts fresh from the deep fryer.

5. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Been lucky enough to take a couple tire loads out to Continental tire test track and prooving grounds and Goodyears heavy duty off road tire testing facility here in Texas. I would team up with the other driver so we could both go out there in one truck. Our company would give us the day to play. At Goodyear we got to drive some big earthmover/scrapers and huge mining dumptrucks as fast as they could go and as heavy as they could be loaded over some rough terrain. Continental had little scions to buzz around on the track to test new soon to be released tire designs with.

6. rollingrollingrolling

rollingrollingrolling Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2020
    Back a few years ago, I had this load to deliver. The girl was very cute, sweet, dark skin, screaming that I was her daddy

Wait, nevermind

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.