Best donuts you've ever eaten while trucking.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Oldironfan, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Or accessible with a big truck.
    The name of mine I will reveal later.
    I am sure a few will list the place I like.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Redbeard007

Redbeard007 Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2016
    If any of you come down 109/randolph street in thomasville nc you have to stop in the street and go into grannys donuts, they have a maple bacon is my favorite. And its pretty asians running the place.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  4. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Sounds good.

5. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    I like fritters from Space Age, in Hermiston, Or.

6. Redbeard007

Redbeard007 Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2016
    I live in thomasville is why i said grannys. Im sure when i get my cdls and start riding across the usa ill find some new favorites.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is only one place and it's a tiny tiny tiny little place in Baltimore.

What I do is grab 10 parking spaces in a nearby shopping center, walk down the hill about three blocks and get a big box of doughnuts. Walk back uphill get out of Baltimore. It's a little tricky but this family is probably 6th generation making doughnuts.

Ive learned to enjoy doughnuts here in Arkansas made by Shipleys. Either a local chain or a regional one. They make good basic doughnuts that are what they are supposed to be. However I have to go into the inner city core of Baltimore to access the really good doughnut. I don't know if it is the childhood memories or the food that is good (Probably both) It's a little tricky to get a big truck and trailer in that part of the city. It can only be done one way. There is a street nearby that is a circle which used to turn trolleys around for service downtown in the late 50's before buses. You could use that to do a turn around in a 18 wheeler somewhat. Otherwise you have to work outwards just so. It's not easy.

That is why I don't give out directions to this particular little shop, it's something I might visit once every 30 years now and would be lucky to see them again the next time I have to bury a relative at Arlington.

D.Tibbitt and Oldironfan Thank this.
  8. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    KELOWNUTS. Kelowna BC, best ####ing donut ever.
    Time Magazine named this donut best invention of 2013
    “THE KELOWNUT”

[​IMG]

Because fusing buttery flaky croissant pastry with a deep-fried doughnut, injecting it with vanilla cream then coating it with a sugar glaze is pretty much awesome!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  9. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Well, I guess we could always compare all the fat donut eating truckers with all the fat donut eating cops.

10. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Haha I actually know a local sheriff who doesn't mind if you give him crap about donuts as long as you actually have one for him, nicest officer you'll ever meet as long as you're not seriously breaking any laws.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    I like the ones with the hole in the middle.

86scotty, tscottme and Bakerman Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.