Best Flatbed Owner Operator Companies

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by truckingmonster702, Aug 27, 2014.

1. BigSky

BigSky Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    They have some really nice co. tractors, curious if the spec the MX or the ISX?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kduvall

kduvall Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    SC SC

4. kduvall

kduvall Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    SC SC
    So are you at LS or Mercer? LS is claiming 73% with my own trailer, average loaded, is this realistic or smoke?

5. kduvall

kduvall Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    SC SC

6. Blkrose

Blkrose Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2016
    I have been with both mercer and am currently at Landstar, I thought Landstar was better until back in April I did a load that was suppose to pay x amount of dollars and when time came to pay it was $750 dollars short. I am still fighting for my money but think I'm screed so will be looking for a new home real soon. Will not work for a company that cheats me me!!!!

blade and Airborne Thank this.
  7. Heavy Handed

Heavy Handed Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Can anyone on this thread tell me anything about Green Line o/o?

8. Airborne

Airborne Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2016
    KY
    There is one around Cinncy, or below there thats totally O/O also, Saw it while doing FB research. Just waiting to go to school now so I hope to see you all out there sometime or another!!!

9. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    ACME Truck Line is pretty decent. They pay 81%, give you the fuel discount and fuel surcharge, all owner operator, with ESOP, health insurance, stock options, and 401K. If you lease a trailer (48' flat) it's $180 a week.

They are the largest expedited service to the oil industry. You need pipe stakes. Loads can be pipe, bottom tools, fracking equipment, pallets of sacks, totes (including Hazmat), or anything that makes you scratch your head and go "Huh"?

In the last 18 months I've tarped two pallets on one load that was dispatched by ACME. Tarps are pretty much optional on your truck, although sometimes you might need them if you get a backhaul off a load board.

Dispatch is first come first served from your own terminal. Each terminal dispatches their own drivers, but sometimes if you are in the area and they have a need you will be offered a load. There is no forced dispatch.

I average about 33% deadhead miles, but paid miles make up for it. Even with the downturn this last year my average TTT is running about $2.30 for all miles (running about 95,000 miles).

Business is picking up.

Logan76, FerrissWheel and Heavy Handed Thank this.
  10. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Mercer. Landstar. They are all the same blood sucking buddy hustleing carriers. Both love owner operator turnover.

11. sarendstrucker

sarendstrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Tyler, TX
    I've been running as company driver, for a small owner operator fleet that's leased onto GMR Transportation. All I can say is great company to work for. Every driver that I've talked to here has told me they went different routes over the years and ended up back here because they loved this company. They have company trucks, looks like mostly new Mack Pinnacles, as well as many individual owner ops. I drive a 06 Pete 379 (ex TMC) for a great guy. I love every day of my job and making good money IMO. Much more than those big fleet drivers. My last check was near $1,500. Small company but they keep me busy. I run my 70 every week.

barroll and Lepton1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.