Best Fuel Card ???

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Michael 247, Jun 18, 2019.

1. GraniteRiver

GraniteRiver Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2018
    The thought process behind these comments about NASTC is amusing to me. It's a one day course, if you can't spend 6 hours of your life to save $7k+ per year in fuel, then by all means don't join.

I started in the program in mid April, my average savings per gallon over cash price is .33 per gallon, with a total savings to date of $1,982.25 with a total spent of $15,790.47.

I'll suffer through a one day course to save close to $8k per year in fuel with one truck any day. To each their own.

tarmadilo and dynamite Thank this.
  2. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I sent one of my drivers to attend the seminar in Dallas at the truck show. He thought he died and went to heaven. They tried to sell him all sorts of stuff, and he couldn't.... lol!

FWIW, the accounting tools of the NASTC card are atrocious. I find them extraordinarily cumbersome and poor. For example, it is impossible to get a monthly statement to use in reconciliation. Absolutely asinine.

Nostalgic Thanks this.
  3. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Cash is king. But maybe not now days.

4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    In case you did not know, $7k is nothing. You can buy a suit and pair of shoes for $7k. We can't sell our dignity for that little...joining some cults. I went with Fleet One Edge!
    :D

D.Tibbitt, adayrider and Vitkouski Thank this.
  5. dynamite

dynamite Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Wisconsin
    Are you using the new Fleet One website for reports? If breaks down the month by transaction, truck and state. Works great now for IFTA.

6. dynamite

dynamite Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Wisconsin
    NASTC. The one day meeting is a presentation of all the services they have for small fleets. No hard sell at all. You might even learn a few things.

Michael 247 Thanks this.
  7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I'm using XPO Logistics (FTS) fuel card. No annual fees, etc. Only charge is $1.25 swipe fee. I have a $5,000 credit line that pays weekly.

Discounts are commensurate with LS Savings Plus program. Best discounts are also at TA/Petro, an email list is sent out daily with listed state locations.

Sometimes the discounts are deeper than what I can get at this mom & pop location on my lane. Sometimes, they're not.

8. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    Have you ever compared it to NASTC or Fleet One?

9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I have access to LS SavingsPlus pricing, not to present pricing from NASTC.

10. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Yes, and it does all that, but you still can't get a monthly accounting statement (credits and debits, beginning and ending account balances). With the new system they can pull it together, sorta, kinda, behind the scenes, but the end user cannot create an accounting statement.

Which, in my opinion, is insane.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.