Best lease purchase my ###

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Psd, Feb 11, 2016.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    ^ Business courses along with ECONOMICS to go with it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steven W

Steven W Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2016
    And all the related stuff. Your not just the owner, but the manager, secretary and accountant. Unless your gonna pay someone else to do it all, then you might as well stay a company driver cause you'll be right bck where you started financially.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  4. Tenn I See Trucker

Tenn I See Trucker Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    If I didn't have a financial background,I probably wouldn't be successful, I run my business and home on a strict budget every penny is accounted for,I keep my own books so I know at any given time the health of my business

Lonesome and KriegHund Thank this.
  5. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I think one of the keys to success is that you are on a dedicated account.
    You know where you're going every week, and you know that there is a load to take. That itself relieves a lot of pressure to find a load and limits your downtime.
    A good attitude goes a long way also.

51.50 Thanks this.
  6. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Nothing wrong with that.....
    You chose this lifestyle and it's working out for you

7. Steven W

Steven W Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Exactly, you got a Budget and stick to it and know your profit and loss margins. I'd love to be an o/op but certainly not before I have been in the business for at a minimum of two years and understand all sides of it. I understand why 98% fail, because half of em want to be Johnny owns a truck when they aren't even out of training yet. Know NOTHING about the trucking businss and even less about how to run a business.

Very few will ever make it under such conditions. I've got the business knowledge, but with only a vague understanding of the trucking industry I wouldn't even dream of it right now. Well ok, I dream about it :) but I'll just have to keep dreaming for a few more years.

8. superflow

Jan 2, 2014
    Amen brother...
    You said a mouth full there
    A good attitude goes a long way

9. superflow

Jan 2, 2014
    Honesty I don't see why all the fascination over owning a full time matinance machine
    But everyone is different, as for me? .... I'll pick my road king and my wife over a new KW any day

10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    A wife can be a full time maintenance machine too you know.;) You gotta keep her happy, keep her lubed, etc. lmao

11. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I always feel like the fleecers are overcompensating for something. Like something else in there life is missing.
    They all cannot help but tell you how much money they make, but when you add their numbers up, add in the costs they are leaving out, they alway come up shorter then everybody else.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.