Best lease purchase opinions

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by ShawnM, Sep 11, 2012.

1. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Ive been very surprised at how inexpensive some trucks ive seen, some have very high miles on the truck but have had the entire drivetrain completely rebuilt. The truck Might have a million miles on it but ive seen them with rebuilt engines with only 100,000 mile son them and APU's have been installed all for less than $40k

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lorha1159

lorha1159 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    virginia beach,Va
    Ive seen it mentioned many times but if you have access to one a credit union is the way to go l, that is if they will do a commercial loan, or a business loan. That is the route that I took. As per a business loan I to write a business plan and they require 25% down on a commercial vehicle. I found and bought a 2000 classic xl, 500 s60, 13 spd with 692k miles for 18000. Then after my 25% the loan was 13,500, 5yrs, 10% interest with a grand payment of $300 a month. I actually pay 600 a month but its nice to have such a small payment to fall back on.

Im happy with my shaker and my detroit. Its nice the FL dealer is 15 mins from my house and they are open till 11pm on week nights and till noon on sat. The only part that they havent had on the shelf was my heat/ac fan knob. Another thing I like about the xl is there is 100 feet between the fire wall and the back of the motor. Lots of room and easy to work on as i do alot of my own work. Also for the detroit in my opinion its the cleanest install under the hood not to mention my dads detroit had treated him real well the last 14 years in his truck.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  4. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yeah I plan on Using VyStar Credit Union. They do tractor and trailer financing as long as I have 20% down.

http://www.vystarcu.org/home/products/loans

I've been with that credit union for 3 years now. I figure since my credit isn't too bad, with 20% down they might allow me to get financed through them.

5. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

You might want to contact them to see if you can get a pre approval for a loan. It can speed the process when you find a truck that you want to buy.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  6. chickenhauler

chickenhauler Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Virginia
    I would suggest, like others already have, that you work as a company driver until you can repair your credit and purchase a truck. Lease purchase programs don't worry about your business, only theirs. Too many people have found themselves in a worse situation after the lease than before. Good luck.

7. Janichol

Janichol Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Plano, Tx
    I have to agree with that 100%. Look at all the major trucking companies out there and look at their trucks. All too often you see them with Columbia and Century Class Freightliners. Those trucks are cheap to buy used and have proven themselves to withstand many drivers being in one truck. A truck is only as good as the driver drives it. Those trucks have proven to be able to take the abuse and keep going. I would buy one and I am a "hood" person myself, drove quite a few "hoods" before and although they are nice, they are also a huge chunk to operate!

8. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Lease purchase is like voting for president; you pick the lesser of all the evils.

You don't have to be a lemming.
    You can be patient, save your money, and buy your own and hold your chin high.

SHC and rollin coal Thank this.
  9. fireba11

fireba11 Heavy Load Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Tracy City, TN
    Lone Mountain Truck Leasing is a very good option. I got a truck from there and paid it off like agreed, no muss no fuss. There are several threads on this site about Lone Mountain, you might want to check them out.

10. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    But this doesn't get him into his own truck NOW, and he wants it NOW !!!!!!

Just like the rest of the world, instant gratification is all they care about. Who needs credit and funds as a business owner anyways right?? LOL

rollin coal Thanks this.
  11. RUSSELBURG

RUSSELBURG Light Load Member

May 18, 2007
    Evansville,In
    Welli flew in wed nite i picked up my 2010 Pete 387 yesterday from Lone Mountain in Pacific Junction,Ia and drove it home to Evansville,In with no problems.
    First let me tell other driver what to expect ,If you fly in they send a taxi for you on them , I flew in late at night so i booked a room in Council Bluffs ,Ia They sent a taxi for me the next morning ,There is a cheap local motel and a cafe down the road from them about !/4 mile. There terms are there terms and they will not budge . So if you do not have money for motel,food,they will not front you any.
    I booked a flight and 1st hotel through priceline $209 flight $ 58 motel and $25 for carry on.
    $40 taxi ride was on them 1st day ask which truck i said i need to look them over first so she handed me 4 keys to petes and a prostar so climed in look around each one ,went back in hande her 3 keys back said i might wnat to look at this pete a little longer she handed me 3 more keys to other prostar and volvo and a columbia i looked them over adn gave her keys to the others back and went back to the pete got my flashlight out got my fat ### under the truck and looked at the brakes ,drums ,fuel lines,engins for leaks ,tranny ,driveline climbed out went to the top looked at every hose line radiator,ac/alternator and such .
    I then got the vin numbers off the truck and went inside to run the vin on rigdig [ they allow you to use there desktop computers] i found it had been in a accident so i called prime the last owner the accident was on 12/22/11 in wyoming so i called prime safety dept explained the deal and he wanted the prime truck number said i do not have that so he looked up the date said we had two accident that date in wy ,i said mm 122.5 he said tyes i have that i said it says 2 trucks involved one was towed he said ours was not towed ,the other truck rearended the trailer, thank you ,
    it was about #pm by now so i said i need a dyno done they said great i sadi after i get this done and am good i will pay the down payment so they put 30 gal of fuel in the truck and thats is all they are gonna put into the truck no more ever .so i drove to Select trucks in Council Bluffs Ia to have it dyno and dot insp done they said the dot insp was free this month and the dyno would be $213 with tax i said ok and if they give me a ride to the motel 6 across $48 . So next day have them pick me up the dyno was 87% 396 horse to the ground on a isx 455 cummins, after looking up the meaning of the numbers on the dyno is 80% is considered 100% ok .
    Drove it back to LM and proceeded to give them my down payment $5800 called there insurance agent for a quote and it was 1/2 of what my agent back hoem quoted me with one payment Truenorth $265 filled out all the paper work .
    The apu would not crank so i told them i will not sign until it worked no problem the fix it and it runs great. So Friday about noon i was ready to go had not gotten my 2290 yet forgot so greatwide was getting close to weekendd so i decided to drive it home ,they give you a intransit paper ,so i drove it 680 mile homes with no problems

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.